News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

Isn't it a shell of the now-gen release? Like different devs, etc.?

Jason

Neither version was done by Turn 10 Studios. Playground Games (developer of original Forza Horizon) made the Xbox One version while Sumo Digital made the XB360 version. Sumo Digital has a pretty good track record with racing games and the videos I've seen look pretty good. They're basically using the original FH engine for FH2, which is fine with me. I also doubt that Turn 10 Studios would let another developer put out crap with the "Forza" name on it.

Brad Company

I'd still bet it's a budget title very quickly. If the online isn't a priority, you should be able to get it for $20 in the run-up to Black Friday.

Jason

Great write-up and even better comparison video. As expected, the Xbox One version looks much better, but with the exception of buildings (check 2:45 in the video), the XB360 doesn't look too bad.

Jason

I'm looking forward to the PS Plus version of Drive Club on the PS4. It was apparently delayed due to server issues but hopefully it will be available soon.

Ted

Have spent all weekend playing Shadow of Mordor and find it completely addicting.

Jason

My son is officially transitioning to the PS4 with the release of COD: Advanced Warfare tomorrow so I moved his El Gato game capture card from his XB360 to his PS4 tonight and recorded some NBA Live 15 Demo gameplay here:

NBA LIVE 15 Demo PS4 1st Quarter

It's not too bad once I started getting the hang of it. I haven't tried NBA 2K15 but it's always nice to have an alternative. I'm really itching to get a PS4 especially with some good games selling for cheap like UFC for $30 and Madden 15 for $40.

Edit...forgot to mention that MLB The Show 14 is only $30 too.

Brad Company

Count me in the CoD camp...day zero, hour one. :P

Ted

Finished Shadow of Mordor last night.  One of the best games I've ever played.  The second to end fight sucked and the end fight was extremely unsatisfying and anticlimactic, but still one of the best games I've ever played.

Jason

Shadow of Mordor is another game I'm interested in on the PS4 that is already discounted $10. I can't believe how many big-name games are discounted already for the new consoles.

I've also heard a rumor that the new COD will add a third-player view at some point. I've watch my son play for a little while today and the graphics are impressive.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on November 03, 2014 @ 06:45:49 PM
Shadow of Mordor is another game I'm interested in on the PS4 that is already discounted $10. I can't believe how many big-name games are discounted already for the new consoles.

I've also heard a rumor that the new COD will add a third-player view at some point. I've watch my son play for a little while today and the graphics are impressive.

I'll share play it with you some time if you like. I think the MP may attract and keep some non-traditional CoD players.

Jason

That sounds good...I won't have to bother logging into my son's PS Plus account.

Brad Company

I am insane...since I get the PS3 CoDAW for free(digital day zero,woo hoo), gonna play it concurrently with the real version.

Edit: Looks like your stats and level carry from one version to the other.

BDSooner72

Only one more game for me to purchase this year, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

Far Cry 4 has been simply amazing. Just surpassed Destiny as my GOTY and I have not even touched the top half of the map. My Holidays will be filled with the Destiny DLC, FC4 and GTAV.  Plus occasionally playing a few sports games.