News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Level 24 and just got my first Legendary item, Chest Armor.  Had to farm one spot for two hours just to get it.  Fortunately the gun play is terrific, unfortunately you have to hear Peter Dinklage say the phrase, "We've woken the Hive!" every minute or so. I like his character in Game of Thrones but he phoned the performance in and when you throw in a terrible story...  The only redeeming part of the story is it comes in small bits, usually in the form of a short cutscene as you travel between planets or during gameplay. Allowing my mind to sway from the game and ask the question, "What would Claptrap say?" DinklGhost got nothing on my boy Claptrap. 

Amazing to think I am almost held off on the game.  Now I am just waiting for the first expansion to come out to buy the Expansion Pass.

It just dawned on me that the game came out on the 9th. I have already completed the story, went on more bounties than that guy named Dog and IGN has yet to put out a review.  :o

BDSooner72

Dear Gearbox,

Please port the game over to PS4/XB1. 

New video for Borderlands: The Pre-sequel.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel -- An Introduction by Sir Hammerlock AND TORGUE | PS3

BDSooner72

IGN finally reviews Destiny, 7.8 which is about what I expected from them.

BDSooner72

I get my first two Legendary weapons and they were shotguns. The worst weapon, for me at least and I get two.  >:(

Jason

Finished Arkham Origins again with my son. I've now played through all three Batman games twice in the past few months including the DLC missions. Needless to say I need a break from the franchise for a while. Now it's back to Watch Dogs and finally Splinter Cell.

Jason

I took advantage of Sony's Racing Games Flash Sale to grab Ridge Racer, Asphalt Injection and ModNation Racers for the Vita.

Ridge Racer is by far the best-looking and playing but the reason I never purchased it before was because it only came with 3 tracks and a handful of cars for $24.99. With the sale I was able to buy the game and both the gold and silver passes for less than $20, which gives me 9 tracks and more cars than I need.

BDSooner72

Guess I will be the only one playing FIFA 15 tonight?  It's a great time to be a Man City fan, though I prefer not to use them now that they are too good.

BDSooner72

Jason

I'm moving backwards with gaming. I've been enjoying Ridge Racer on my Vita so much that I bought Ridge Racer 6 (2006) for the XB360 for $10.

BDSooner72

Jason, I seem to recall you were a fan of the Wipeout series?  Found this on GAF.

QuoteFor reasons known only to Sony, Wipeout developers Studio Liverpool were closed before the PlayStation 4 launch and any hope of a Wipeout game for the new console vanished.

Sony’s loss is Microsoft’s gain as some of the developers from the defunct studio reformed as R8Games and they have released some rough footage of their new PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 racing game.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/09/23/ex-wipeout-devs-bring-formula-fusion-to-pc-ps4-and-xbox-one/

http://youtu.be/MPnkFTXsG6c

Jason

Yes, I love the Wipeout series and would be very interested in this. I got worried when I read "Sony’s loss is Microsoft’s gain" as I thought it was going to be an Xbox exclusive, but luckily it's coming to PS4 too.

Brad Company

Wipeout HD still one of the best looking PS3 games.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on September 25, 2014 @ 05:01:28 PM
Wipeout HD still one of the best looking PS3 games.

Wipeout HD and the Fury add-on pack look quite good on the Vita too. That was one of the big Vita selling points for me.

BDSooner72

RIP loot cave. Sucks for all the new Destiny players that never got to use it.  Easily the quickest way to pickup Legendary engrams.

http://youtu.be/ilF5r3w2nDY?list=UUKy1dAqELo0zrOtPkf0eTMw

Jason

I'm tempted to buy Forza Horizons 2 for the 360 but I need the price to be $40. The already discounted price of $50 is just too much for me to pay for a last-gen game.