News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on September 10, 2014 @ 01:59:14 PM
No donations necessary. I'll PM you my address once I have a PayPal account I can send money to or an address to mail a check to.

It appears we have a stalemate. Allow your son to read this thread and see that he could have been playing Watch Dogs this weekend.

Jason

You can get $15 if you trade it in at Amazon and not have to pay shipping for it. Put it towards your next purchase.

With the way my son is starting off the school year, he may not even be allowed to play video games this weekend.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on September 11, 2014 @ 10:39:54 PM
With the way my son is starting off the school year, he may not even be allowed to play video games this weekend.

I recall something similar when I slacked off at school. Of course my parents like to use the trifecta.  No TV, no games and a little cowhide to the backside.

Jason

I haven't completed it yet, but GTA V will be the first GTA I ever complete too.

I just completed Arkham City again with my son. We'll probably finish Arkham Origins again to complete the trilogy for a second time.

BDSooner72

Going to Gamestop today to trade in Watch Dogs and the Mertro Redux game (could not get into it).  If I come back with NHL 15, I blame you.  ;D

BDSooner72

Was there ever any doubt?  I threw it in and played a couple games. It looks and plays good, really will miss my custom camera angles but what put me over the edge was that they are patching in a playoff/tourney setup. This allows me to create my international tournaments and pleases me.

NBA 2K15 went back on my wish list. I am an odd duck with sports games, my OCD takes over and I have to own at least one of each of the major sports games. Could not go a week without NHL. Now I just need a tennis game to complete the list.

BDSooner72

Well I know Activision and Bungie did not see these reviews coming. Gamespot, four days after release gives it a 6.  IGN is still afraid to give the game a score. Most sites are giving it an average of 7 out of 10 which when I honestly look at the game they are currently reviewing would agree.  It is a beautiful game but it lacks in innovative missions, barren areas and repetitive side missions/bounties.  That said I am now level 15 and enjoying the heck out of it.  I love the grind, to an extent and while it is not as loot friendly as Diablo or Bordelands 2, I still get excited when a new gun pops up or I find a loot chest, which they hide pretty well, especially the gold ones.  Just got my first "Rare Blue" colored gun and it took me back to when I got my first Orange colored gun in BL2.

The planets are larger that meets the eye. I am finding new areas to traverse on Earth. You do spend a lot of time repeating areas during the story and Bungie deserves a slap on the wrist for that.  I am even finding enjoyment of the free roam (full access to the planet for side missions/bounties) and interacting with other players (in a silent, let me give you a wave gesture sort of way). There are public events that break in at any point during these session and you get to the marker, along with whoever else is nearby and wants to join what consists of waves of enemies to be extinguished under a certain amount of time. A time limit and amount of enemies that would be extremely hard for a single player to go it alone, forcing the interaction on you. Each planet has a raid that follows the same principle but with a boss or two that is a bullet sponge. It says one to three players for a raid but it does force random players on you to do battle. The first time was not very successful and one quit but the second time I tried it, two of us were evenly matched and we had one lvl 20 player. Success as we beat the two bosses, though we did spent most of the time being revived by the more skilled player.  ;)

No question in my mind that I will buy the expansion pass. The game has so much potential and is giving me a next gen Borderlands fix, since the nice folks at Gearbox decide to skip the newest generation of consoles for the prequel. It is a very hit or miss title amongst the people who have played it.  Apparently investing $500 million in a game does not buy you love. All I can say is that if you like Borderlands, rent it, buy it, just give it a try.

BDSooner72

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/12/us-mojang-microsoft-idUSKBN0H72EV20140912?irpc=932

Microsoft is expected to pay close to $2.5 billion for Mojang, or about 8 times sales last year.

:o

Brad Company

Imagine what they would pay for Flappy Bird. Windows Phone is such a money pit, it's hilarious.

Brad Company

Quote from: BDSooner72 on September 13, 2014 @ 05:23:53 AM
Well I know Activision and Bungie did not see these reviews coming. Gamespot, four days after release gives it a 6.  IGN is still afraid to give the game a score. Most sites are giving it an average of 7 out of 10 which when I honestly look at the game they are currently reviewing would agree.  It is a beautiful game but it lacks in innovative missions, barren areas and repetitive side missions/bounties.  That said I am now level 15 and enjoying the heck out of it.  I love the grind, to an extent and while it is not as loot friendly as Diablo or Bordelands 2, I still get excited when a new gun pops up or I find a loot chest, which they hide pretty well, especially the gold ones.  Just got my first "Rare Blue" colored gun and it took me back to when I got my first Orange colored gun in BL2.

The planets are larger that meets the eye. I am finding new areas to traverse on Earth. You do spend a lot of time repeating areas during the story and Bungie deserves a slap on the wrist for that.  I am even finding enjoyment of the free roam (full access to the planet for side missions/bounties) and interacting with other players (in a silent, let me give you a wave gesture sort of way). There are public events that break in at any point during these session and you get to the marker, along with whoever else is nearby and wants to join what consists of waves of enemies to be extinguished under a certain amount of time. A time limit and amount of enemies that would be extremely hard for a single player to go it alone, forcing the interaction on you. Each planet has a raid that follows the same principle but with a boss or two that is a bullet sponge. It says one to three players for a raid but it does force random players on you to do battle. The first time was not very successful and one quit but the second time I tried it, two of us were evenly matched and we had one lvl 20 player. Success as we beat the two bosses, though we did spent most of the time being revived by the more skilled player.  ;)

No question in my mind that I will buy the expansion pass. The game has so much potential and is giving me a next gen Borderlands fix, since the nice folks at Gearbox decide to skip the newest generation of consoles for the prequel. It is a very hit or miss title amongst the people who have played it.  Apparently investing $500 million in a game does not buy you love. All I can say is that if you like Borderlands, rent it, buy it, just give it a try.

Pretty good write up here;http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12236-Destiny-Review

BDSooner72

Dude creeps me out. He makes plenty of valid points but the game is closer to Borderlands than it is an MMO.

BDSooner72

LvL 20, finished the game and now it is time to grind for some Legendary goodies.  I have had quite a bit of fun doing strikes with randoms.  They have also been pretty damn challenging.  Tried some PVP but I just suck at it.  Titanfall was the rare instance where I could be competitive with other players due the ability to kill all the AI dudes on the map, with a few user kills, mostly from inside my Titan.

Brad Company

When I finally get it, I'm down for some co-op or whatever.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on September 15, 2014 @ 11:23:28 PM
When I finally get it, I'm down for some co-op or whatever.

Sounds good. I am fairly capable now and will be better off once I get some legendary armor/weapons. I finally hit lvl 21 and about to hit 22. Once you hit 20 it is all based on finding new armor pieces to level up and then upgrading or finding better armor to go higher. At this point it is a grind as you have to level up either through bounties, strikes or grinding if you do not want to play PvP online.  I am enjoying the strikes and so far the randoms that I have played with have all been really cool.  The currency system is odd once you hit 20. The main currency with a mixture of items you get within the game is used far less. You have a bunch of different currencies that you are dealing with to get legendary armor/weapons and you have to get a high enough rank (through grinding. etc) to get them, which is a different rank from the main character leveling. They really made it more confusing than it needed to be.