News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on September 07, 2014 @ 08:34:51 AM
Is Destiny a Skyrim-type game?

What Brad said and you have to throw in Borderlands and Far Cry 3 because the guys at Bungie said they copied a lot of things from those games and added stuff they felt both games were missing.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/31/destiny-looked-to-borderlands-and-far-cry-for-missed-opportunities-to-capitalize-on/

Will let your know Tuesday when UPS delivers it.  :-[

Brad Company

Lol, I should have it this week from GF.

BDSooner72

I am laughing at the people complaining that the game is capped at Lvl 20.  Now if Bungie learned anything from Borderlands, DLC = ability to raise your level.  More DLC = ability to raise your level again.  ;D

Brad Company

I'm wondering how much space fruitiness I'll have to tolerate to get to the pew-pew.

BDSooner72

You mean story?  Not really looking forward to that part, just give me a gun and something to shoot at. 

BDSooner72

Anyone want Watch Dogs for the PS4?  Trade value for the game is pretty low and I do not plan any trips to Gamestop.  You pay shipping and it is yours.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on September 09, 2014 @ 09:19:54 AM
Anyone want Watch Dogs for the PS4?  Trade value for the game is pretty low and I do not plan any trips to Gamestop.  You pay shipping and it is yours.

I'll buy it for my son unless Brad wants it. I'll give you more than shipping though.

Brad Company

It's all you, Jason. I'd only put it on the pile of backlog, I'm afraid.

I see GF has sent me Blops2, instead of Epic Spaceman. Time to build up my Blops bonafides, PSN style.

The more I read about Destiny, the more I realize it's not my cuppa tea.

BDSooner72

Too early to say much, just a lvl 2 space dude but the gunplay is fun so far. Shotgun was a nice find. Just got thrown into a hub with other strangers after completing part of a mission.

Jason if you want it you can have it.  I do not want anything more than shipping, just PM me the details. All I can do is mail it to you, unless you can do some sort of UPS pickup.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on September 09, 2014 @ 08:22:16 PM
Jason if you want it you can have it.  I do not want anything more than shipping, just PM me the details. All I can do is mail it to you, unless you can do some sort of UPS pickup.

Do you use Paypal or would you prefer if I just mailed a check?

BDSooner72

You can consider the payment a donation to the site. I can stick it in the mail cheap enough. PM me the address you want it sent to.

Back to Destiny. Started over with a Titan versus a hunter. It plays more to my liking. Really plays like a serious version of Borderlands 2. From the stats dropping off enemies, shielded enemies, certain colored guns are best against certain enemies, loot and tons of bounties (side missions and kill scenarios). The loot, like Borderlands, requires a little searching.  Found loot chests on top of ledges, buildings, etc. I would probably already have a level 12 player had I not messed around with the different classes to choose from.  You will run into enemies with higher levels, especially if you go into places that are not on your way to a mission. Also Bounties/side missions open it up to everyone and you will end up fighting some tougher enemies just by running near a higher level player in a fight.

It also carries a gripe that I had with Borderlands 2, not enough enemy types. I have seen different versions of the same enemy but so far it is has been the same 5 or so enemies.

BDSooner72

NHL 15 is getting roasted by most reviewers. That and NBA Live 15 getting postponed a few weeks you really have to wonder what the heck is going on at EA Sports.  In fairness Madden 15 has been pretty good. Still plenty of issues but more than playable.  What concerns me is how poorly the sales will be for NHL 15. If it does not sell, how much is EA going to invest in NHL 16?  Wish they would just drop Live. Did not foresee an NBA Live 16 before the delay, now it seems like a miracle needs to happen for that series to continue.

Jason

EA should have been up front with everyone about NHL 15 and released it at a discounted price ($39.99). I think doing that would have helped their sales and reputation.

As far as NBA Live goes, I really hope the series doesn't die but if the 3-week delay turns into another delay, then I don't see it ever coming out again.

No donations necessary. I'll PM you my address once I have a PayPal account I can send money to or an address to mail a check to.

Ted

So is NHL for last gen getting roasted or the Xbone and PS4 version getting roasted.  Because if it's the latter....wtf.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Ted on September 10, 2014 @ 09:02:17 PM
So is NHL for last gen getting roasted or the Xbone and PS4 version getting roasted.  Because if it's the latter....wtf.

Both and deservedly so.  The 360/PS3 for basically being a roster update and still charging $59.99.  The XB1/PS4 version for being bare bones. Not to mention they had two years to make it.