News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Well it may or may not work on a US Vita.

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/2cjrno/gran_turismo_for_vita_old_psp_version_psn_says/

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/29em5l/psa_jeanne_darc_and_gran_turismo_on_the_vita_psn/

There was a glitch when they added it and another title to the Vita.  Some people say it works, others do not. Apparently there is no issue with a European Vita. Others say you have to download from the PS3, then transfer to Vita.

Jason

That fucking sucks. US customers apparently have to download it to a PS3 and then transfer it to the Vita, but I don't own a PS3. I was really looking forward to getting it today.

BDSooner72

Sorry to get your hopes up.

On the bright side Minecraft comes out today on the PS4. If you happen to be one of the 75 people on the planet that has yet to purchase Minecraft in some form, now is your chance.

BDSooner72

Yikes, no NHL 15 for me this year.  Thank you OS for pointing out all the stuff that is removed from this years next-gen game. I knew it was missing a few modes but they go and screw with things like no custom camera or playing AHL team in a franchise. Also guessing by no tourney mode, I can't play international tourneys, assuming they even have international teams in the game.  They can kindly piss off.  Bring a full product to the table and I will pay full price.  This is a joke, especially considering they had two years to make this.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/760010/nhl-15-might-be-missing-more-than-we-anticipated-xb1ps4/

Modes/Features

No GM Connected
    No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
    No EA Sports Hockey League
    No EA Sports Arena
    No Online Shootouts
    No Live the Life
    No Be A Legend
    No Winter Classic
    No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
    No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
    No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
    No custom music support
    No create-a-play designer
    Cannot customize each team's AI
    No create-a-team
    No way to edit individual players
    Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay

No custom camera option
    No Action Tracker replay highlights
    No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM

Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
    Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
    Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
    No fantasy draft option
    No preseason games

Be A Pro

No option to sim ahead to the next shift
    You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
    The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
    No All-Star game

Guess I have to put Destiny back in it's place.  ;D

Jason

Yeah, I've been following all the talk about NHL 15. I could understand this if they rushed out NHL 14 on the next-gen systems last year, but to have all that stuff missing this year is unacceptable. I thought the entire reason they skipped NHL 14 on the next-gen consoles was so they could concentrate on NHL 15. I guess they should have put some more resources into it.

BDSooner72

I have no clue what they are doing with their time.  Apparently the 360/PS3 versions of NHL 15 is NHL 14 with a roster update and a few tweaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn5XHhd9zbc

Jason

I figured that which is why I'm passing on it...especially at full price. I'll stick with NHL 13 for another year.

BDSooner72

I am also skipping basketball this year. Live is going to suck and 2K14 was such a screwjob for the consumer with the VIP point issue, bugs, things left broken like my GS Warriors making it to the playoffs and not being able to save the game. Starting to move away from sports games.

Brad Company

Quote from: BDSooner72 on September 05, 2014 @ 09:42:14 AM
I am also skipping basketball this year. Live is going to suck and 2K14 was such a screwjob for the consumer with the VIP point issue, bugs, things left broken like my GS Warriors making it to the playoffs and not being able to save the game. Starting to move away from sports games.

Yeah, the genre is pretty barren, now. I only play the Show some and a little PES.

Jason

One of the few next-gen sports games I'm actually looking forward to is WWE 2K15 and that's if you consider it a real sport.

I helped my younger son beat Arkham Asylum again and I'm convinced it's the best of the 3 Batman games in terms of story. The gameplay controls are definitely improved in the two later games though.

I just finished the Harley Quinn DLC for Arkham City which I started before I even played Arkham Origins. It was pretty good and definitely a nice, free bonus included with the Game of the Year version.

Now I'm debating whether to go back to Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell: Blacklist or finally finish off Max Payne.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on September 05, 2014 @ 11:54:06 PM
One of the few next-gen sports games I'm actually looking forward to is WWE 2K15 and that's if you consider it a real sport.

No, when the events are predetermined, it's just entertainment.

I am halfway through Watch Dogs and the game has really grown on me. The only thing that really irks me now are the missions and side missions (like gang hideouts) that require you to take down the individual without killing them. That alone would be fine if not for the fact in many cases you have to gun down 10 of their associates to get to them. You can only do so much with the cameras, explosives and stealth.  Just feels wrong that you are allowed to slaughter everyone but the head bad guy. They also missed out with Chicago by not having snow. Rain looks really good as does night and overcast. Could have had some really fun chases on icy roads.  Plus it would be less time playing in sunlight, which looks far less pretty.

On a side note, the actual hacking of peoples phones for money has been an interesting experiment that I wish Ubisoft would release data on.  There is always a little blip about the person as you hack them. One time it said the person had not received child support payments but I had already hacked the cash and felt like crap afterwards. Would be interesting to see if there are lower % of people who actually take the money in these cases versus some random thing like "Traveled to Canada" or "Buys Video Games."

Brad Company

Is Sleeping Dogs on Vita? It's better than most in that genre, imho.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on September 06, 2014 @ 07:53:57 PM
Is Sleeping Dogs on Vita? It's better than most in that genre, imho.

No. I wish it were. AC3 is one of the few open world games on the Vita that's not an RPG.

Jason

Is Destiny a Skyrim-type game?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Brad Company

No, more of a Halo/Mass Effect mash-up.