News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

The Golf Club is growing on me after a few rounds. It is not a looker but plays a challenging round of golf. The only distance available for each club is how far it will carry. When you zoom out to see where a ball will land, there are no markers shown, just an approximation based on the camera. So you have to spend some time looking at the overhead yardage screen to see just how far that sand trap is down the fairway. Putting is also a bit tricky at first. Completely done on feel. Your putter can be hit just over 100ft. The length of the stroke dictates distance. You can and will push and pull putts. Feels a lot like Links on the Xbox.

Completely forgot about MLB 14: The Show. So much more fun for me with the addition of quick counts. I am not very picky at the plate and tend to swing first, slap myself across the head for swinging at a pitch later.  With quick counts, since I am not always starting in the hole for swinging away, my on base percentage has increased dramatically. It also looks amazing. Unfortunately the load times are some of the worst ever and it took forever to install.  Most PS4 games you can jump in and play after 30 seconds, while the install continues. Not with this one. I have the disc and it took just under an hour to play a game. Over an hour to fully install.

Jason

I have the NHL 15 demo downloading on my son's PS4 today. I'm looking forward to trying that out tonight.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Quote from: BDSooner72 on August 27, 2014 @ 02:10:13 AM
The Golf Club is growing on me after a few rounds. It is not a looker but plays a challenging round of golf. The only distance available for each club is how far it will carry. When you zoom out to see where a ball will land, there are no markers shown, just an approximation based on the camera. So you have to spend some time looking at the overhead yardage screen to see just how far that sand trap is down the fairway. Putting is also a bit tricky at first. Completely done on feel. Your putter can be hit just over 100ft. The length of the stroke dictates distance. You can and will push and pull putts. Feels a lot like Links on the Xbox.

Completely forgot about MLB 14: The Show. So much more fun for me with the addition of quick counts. I am not very picky at the plate and tend to swing first, slap myself across the head for swinging at a pitch later.  With quick counts, since I am not always starting in the hole for swinging away, my on base percentage has increased dramatically. It also looks amazing. Unfortunately the load times are some of the worst ever and it took forever to install.  Most PS4 games you can jump in and play after 30 seconds, while the install continues. Not with this one. I have the disc and it took just under an hour to play a game. Over an hour to fully install.

There are some great classic roster sets to pick up for the Show.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on August 27, 2014 @ 04:00:36 PM
There are some great classic roster sets to pick up for the Show.

Thanks, I will check that out.  Would love to play with the late 70's Pirates.

Jason

I tried out the NHL 15 demo with remote play on my Vita so I couldn't get a true feel for the gameplay and visuals, but I like the new default camera. It's not too different from the old one but it tilts subtly when the action is in the corners. It's a nice touch. You can view a video of it here:

NHL 15 Demo Gameplay (Xbox One): Rangers vs Kings (Madison Square Garden)

BDSooner72

I have so many games just released that I am holding off on the NHL demo. Will get it anyway so I pre-ordered it and Destiny, since they release on the same day. It is nice to be able to start playing some new games, the drought was getting bad on the PS4 but even worse on the XB1.

BDSooner72

Franchises have been started. Wanted to use team I have never played with.

Went with the Mariners and the Vikings. Partly for Peterson and partly due to wanting snow games and the Vikings will be playing outdoors the next two years while the new Stadium is built. No clue while I picked the Mariners, maybe all that time running around Seattle playing Infamous SS rubbed off on me.

Jason

Finally finished Arkham Origins last night. I'm glad I listened to my son and not the reviews because I enjoyed it more than Arkham City. I can't wait to see the next-gen version.

BDSooner72

One week to Destiny.  Anyone else picking this one up?  I was a bit hesitant since the Halo games and Sci-Fi games in general are not my thing but the comparisons to Borderlands 2 (My favorite FPS ever) pushed me to pre-order it with NHL 15. 

Jason

No Destiny for me but I'd consider picking up NHL 15 for the XB360 if it was $40 instead of $60.

Brad Company

Quote from: BDSooner72 on September 02, 2014 @ 10:26:39 AM
One week to Destiny.  Anyone else picking this one up?  I was a bit hesitant since the Halo games and Sci-Fi games in general are not my thing but the comparisons to Borderlands 2 (My favorite FPS ever) pushed me to pre-order it with NHL 15.

Didn't get in the Beta, so I'm not sure. Will Gamefly it to see if the online multi has legs.

BDSooner72

And in true Brent form, I am going to hold off on Destiny for now. The one thing I loved about Borderlands 2 was I could play it by myself. Never once used co-op. Reading more about the game, they are really pushing for you to play with other players. The campaign can be played solo but there really is no mention of how long it is. I also did not play the Beta, so all the Borderlands talk had me excited.  Watching some youtube videos brought me back down to earth.

So I bought the Metro Redux game tonight to get my FPS fix and will wait and see how the game plays out. Still getting NHL 15 and Fifa 15 and that looks to be enough for this month.

IGN released info on a motocross game headed to the PS4 in November. 
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/02/mxgp-the-official-motocross-videogame-release-date-announced

That and the news of a Hot Shots game in the works for the PS4 has me giddy as a schoolgirl.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/01/new-everybodys-golf-teeing-off-on-ps4

Now if someone would just make a next gen tennis game. Anyone, I would even take a new Virtua Tennis at this point.

Jason

I'm excited about the motorcross game coming to the Vita too. There are far too few racing games on the Vita and I still can't believe Sony never released a GT game for it.

BDSooner72

I remember it took forever for them to get Gran Turismo on the PSP. 

Assuming you already knew this but just in case...

Gran Turismo (PSP Version) - Playstation Vita Gameplay

Jason

I had no idea it was compatible with the Vita (I could have sworn I checked this a while ago) and it looks pretty good. I'm going to download it tomorrow. Thanks for the info!!!