News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

Jason

Arkham City...finished.

Debating whether I should start Arkham Origins or Splinter Cell.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Jason

Quote from: Jason on June 30, 2014 @ 09:01:07 PM

Arkham City...finished.

Debating whether I should start Arkham Origins or Splinter Cell.

I may have jumped the gun a bit. I have the Harley Quinn DLC and some side missions I want to complete before moving on from Arkham City.

Jason

I decided to buy Arkham Origins even though it received mixed reviews, although most of the complaints were about game-saving issues and freeze-ups which have since been fixed. I realize it wasn't made by Rocksteady, but it seems to be much better graphically...at least to my eyes. Gotham is much bigger and detailed. I'm only a few missions in so far, but the graphics alone made the purchase worth it to me, especially since Amazon was selling it for $20.

Brad Company

That superhero sale this week is crazy. I'ma get Batman AA, Injustice, and MK vs. DCU.

Jason

Apparently today is "Batman Day". I had no idea.

Jason

Only about 25% through the story in Arkham Origins but I'm enjoying it more than Arkham City. The crime scene investigations are a nice addition too.

Jason

Watch Dogs for the XB360 dropped to $39 so I went ahead and ordered it. I've watched a lot of comparison videos between the PS4/XBOne and PS3/XB360 versions and felt the last-gen versions weren't too bad graphically.

Jason

Almost done with Arkham Origins. I'm hoping to finish it up before I leave on vacation Monday morning. Also played the first few chapters in Watch Dogs and like it so far. That'll get my full attention once I finish Arkham Origins.

Jason

Well, I'm back from vacation for almost two weeks and I still haven't gotten a chance to finish Arkham Origins. My 3-year-old is starting to hog up my PS3 with his Ninja Turtles game.

My plan is to still finish AO sometime soon and move onto Watch Dogs. I have been playing a bunch of single races with NASCAR 14 and really enjoy it with the Speed Wheel. There are times I'll just run 25-30 laps in "Track Testing" just because I enjoy the handling. The subtle turns are a perfect fit for the wheel where regular racing games can feel a little uncontrollable with it.

Finally, I bought Assassins Creed 3: Liberation for my Vita. I was looking for something with a semi-open world and the graphics are pretty impressive. I'm only about 1 hour into it, but it's pretty good so far. It's a shame they don't have a true Arkham game on the Vita (instead of the 2.5D Blackgate) because AC 3 shows it could have been done.

I was considering Madden 15 on the XB360 until I saw how little was added to the old generation versions. My sports gaming will probably be put on hold until I move onto the PS4.

BDSooner72

Traded my Xbox One for a PS4!   Sony.gaming.nation.com lives...  Might end up getting an Xbox One again down the line once more exclusives come out and a new Trials game (played a ton of Fusion and burned out on it). Just not a Halo guy and the only game I will miss this year from MS is Sunset Overdrive.  I still hate the PS4 controller. The only redeeming value for me is the little speaker is cool when used properly and the touchscreen has been useful in many games.  The thing I miss most about the XB1 controller (outside the layout of the sticks) is the rumble feedback in the triggers.  You really miss that on racing games and for me Trials Fusion .  Also the battery life on the PS4 controller sucks. I am lucky to get 6-8 hours before having to charge it.

That said the exclusive games for the PS4 just suit me better. The Last of Us Remastered is still the best looking game I have played on a next gen console. Finally got to play Last Light, the DLC and it was terrific. Infamous Second Son is a close second in the graphical dept and was a blast.  One thing TLOU Remaster taught me is that 60FPS is just a thing of beauty. I never really played into the 30/60FPS war and was always content with a game as long as it tried to be a consistent 30fps.  Then Naughty Dog goes in and gives you the option to play TLOU Remastered in 60fps or a locked 30. The difference is stunning.

Big day for games and my library. Madden 15 is coming from Amazon, the Infamous DLC is already pre-loaded and just waiting for the timer to go off and I will be downloading The Golf Club once it shows up on PSN tomorrow.

Forgot to add that the NHL 15 Demo is out today.  Shame they half-assed it on the features end (No connected GM or EASHL) but I will still stick pick it up.

BDSooner72

I played a little Watch dogs on the XB1 but did not get far.  Just cranked it up for the PS4 and hopefully I can get into it.  It just feels too much like the AC games. Also removing the ability to shoot from inside you car was a horrible idea. Sure they are trying to get you to hack all the stoplights, bridges, etc to avoid them but it does not really help when guys are spraying bullets in your car and all you have is your phone.

Also have Pure Pool which is a beautiful billiards game. A bit glitchy online from what I hear but the single player is the best I have played. The use of the Analog stick is better than any other pool game, not to mention the ability to hold a button to make a short/slower shot.

For some reason we can't get a freaking Tennis game on any system but there will be two more pool games coming out on the PS4.  Oddly enough Pure Pool was made by the guys who made Hustle Kings. The new Hustle Kings will be published by Sony using some other team.  Then Pool Nation returns on the XB1 and now on the PS4.  I did not care for either game as they were too dependent on trick shots.

Jason

I never knew you needed an Xbox Live Gold membership to download roster updates for Madden. Just one more reason I'm glad I skipped it this year.

Ted

I'm in week 27 of my rookie season of Nascar 13 The Game career.  This week is Indianapolis.  I'm current in 22nd place out of 43 and playing on Champion (toughest setting) and 20% race length.  I've managed to pull off two wins and 7 top 10 finishes so far, although my qualifying is abysmal and I haven't qualified higher than 26th in any race.  My success is due to clean driving and fuel management usually garnering me one less pit stop than my competitors.  It's been a suprisingly fun experience so far considering the negative reviews the game has received.

BDSooner72

So far, thumbs up to Madden 15. Game looks great, except for the sidelines. Love the switching of the cameras, especially on D. Defensive camera will take getting used to but it is the camera I have always wanted.  Playing on All-Pro and on my first run I took it 80 yards to the house. Was a bit concerned but the CPU can run the ball down your throat and I did throw a pick on my next possession. Eager to try the skills stuff and the gauntlet.

The Golf Club is a little underwhelming. It looks okay but closer to something you might see on a last gen system.  The longevity will be with all those courses that are created.  Odd thing was the download for the full PS4 version was under 1GB and the Xbox One version was just under 2GB. Will have to see what the devs say about that.