News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

It's on sale constantly, it's now into a new "season", so there's that edition and the base game.
I'm gonna get Fallout 76 when the price dips a bit more, bugs and poor performance be damned.

Ted

With work slowing down for the season I've been playing a bit more.  Banner Saga 1 on PC which I kind of bounced off of the first time because I wasn't fond of the combat, but enjoying it this time for the story.  OOTP 19 on PC.  Jake got both of us a copy and he wants to do an online league, but it says something about FTP and web servers to do it and that's Martian talk to me.

And I just completed the 2023 season of my Brewers franchise in Show 17.  Won the NL central and entering the playoffs.  Won the WS in 2022 so will be trying to repeat.  Then will probably move to Show 18 and continue from there.  But may switch and start fresh with a Miami franchise and see how it goes.

Ted

Knocked out of playoffs in the NLDS.  Won my start, but lost to STL in game 5.  They went on to lose the WS to TEX in 6.  My 3B Joey Gallo got MVP for the second straight year hitting .278 with 46 HR.  And my SS Michael Reed got a Gold Glove.

Roster won't change much due to lots of young protected players.  I probably should have been house ruling some trades in previous seasons because now it feels like my roster is too strong going forward and I'll probably get bored with lack of challenge to make the playoffs.  Either that or I'll self impose lower budget to force out good players from my roster.

Let 35yo 1st baseman Brandon Belt go to free agency due to younger player behind him ready for ML play.  He was very productive in his time with me so I liked his lefty bat alot and a little sad to see him in an Angel uniform.  He's a Giant (no pun) in real life, but I had picked him up in a trade with NYY either a few seasons ago.

No retirements for me, but some notable ones around the league:

KC Andrew McCutchen  15 seasons .301AVG 2551H 354HR
LAA Brian McCann  19 seasons .265AVG 388HR
SEA Robinson Cano  18 seasons  .297AVG 2612H 305HR
ARI Felix Hernandez 19 seasons 246-170 3715K 3.30ERA
LAD Craig Kimbrell 13 seasons 332SV
Free Agent Miguel Cabrera 20 seasons .301AVG 3486H 617HR 87.9WAR
Free Agent Joey Voto 16 seasons .307AVG 2414H 390HR

Cano, Miggy, Votto, and McCutchen all inducted Hall of Fame (The Show does it immediately no 5 year wait)

The most laughable part of the season (and a failure of the game) was that my manager, the fictional JJ Windsor, turned down my contract extension to go be a 3rd base coach with another club.  He won the WS with me last year and this team is solid so I don't know why he would leave.  Maybe he thought the GM was a dick  :P

Jason

I can take a look at the web server and FTP stuff for you if you'd like.

Ted

I might take you up on that offer.  I really like GM'ing in OOTP.  Do you have a copy of the game?  I think the complete manual is available online.  If you do take a look at it tell me what you need from me.

Jason

I don't have a copy of the game, but I'm looking at the online manual right now (http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?man=ootp19&page=ftp_info_dialog) and think I should be able to set that up for you on my sportsgamingnation.com web server, which doesn't have any of my business accounts on it.

Ted

Let me know what I can do to help, including throwing some $ at you.

Jason

No money is necessary. I sent you a DM with a bunch of information. I'll help you with all the settings when you're ready to enter them into the game.

Ted

Entered the info in the obvious boxes and some others that aren't so obvious.  None of the test connection attempts were successful, but not surprised.  Maybe we can real time this sometime during the next 3 days and get it ironed out over the weekend.  If you have time.

Thanks for everything so far.

Jason

That's because I'm an idiot. FTP username is ted.

Ted

Successful test uploaded a file under "league file upload options" section

Successful test downloaded a file under "league file download options" section

Unsuccessful at report upload test, team file transfer test, and email test.

Jason

Are you using the FTP or non-FTP option for the other settings?
I'll DM you new mail info to try.

Ted

The drop downs for all of the transfer options have "Passive; Standard FTP" selected.

Jason

I just bought the NHL 19 & FIFA 19 bundle on PSN. It's currently on sale for $52 and I had a 20% coupon, which brought the games down to my $20 price point each. I'm kinda burned out on the NHL series, but all the talk about the new skating engine being such a game changer got me interested in it. I guess I'll find out tomorrow...

Ted

Interested to hear about NHL. I burned out on it about 2015 although I did buy 17, but only played a couple games.