News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

Next Battlefield game is set in WW1, with tanks and biplanes and flamethrowers and

Jason

Just got the shipment notification for Uncharted...can't wait.

BDSooner72

Already pre-loaded and two patches installed!  Can start playing tonight at 11:00.

BDSooner72

2 hours in so far and they are called the Naughty Gods for a reason. Graphically the game is just amazing.

MINOR SPOILRERS

Up to Chapter 4 and the pacing is pretty slow after the first scene, limited to traversing and fist fights but it does so purposely and I think was a bit of a jab at those who make such a big deal about how many people Drake has killed.  Oh and Crash Bandicoot scene was the best.

Jason

BDSooner72

Up to Chapter 16. So good.

BDSooner72

Just finished it and it was a great ending for the series. It was also classy move to recognize the work Amy Hennig did for the series in the credits. Only found 15 of like 150 collectables but to be fair I played it pretty linear and did not stray from the path. Next run will be to explore everywhere and collect everything. Story was simply ND at their best. Generally I could give two shits about a games story but this one sucked me in. The amount of ways to tackle enemies in each section makes it worth a couple runs or even restarting battles. Not to mention some of the most aggressive enemies you will find in a shooter. Outside of Snipers, they do not stand still or stick behind cover and will flank you early and often. Way more aggressive then the AI in The Division, which I though was pretty aggressive. Stealth is a viable option, though it is really just finding another patch off grass to hide in and wait for someone to come close.

Bring on the single player DLC and then a long wait for The Last of Us 2 or whatever they plan to call it. Would love to see Naughty dog make an open world game in the future.

End game spoilers. Highlight below to view.

Biggest disappointment was the boss fight being another QTE battle of hitting two buttons. The other was how they handled Nadine. She played too big of a part to let her story arc end with her just saying "Fuck it" leaving Rafe and the Drake boys to die or not, she just could care less. That slap from Rafe alone was worth a bullet to his head.

Jason

Finally had a chance to play again after a while and am now up to chapter 17. Playing this game is like reading a good book...it's so hard to put down once you're into it.

Jason

Jason

...and done.

I'm going to start a new thread so we can discuss spoilers without ruining it for anyone else.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on March 20, 2016 @ 06:29:27 PM
...and done. Going to go against the popular consensus and say that the third one was the best, followed by two and then one.

I wish they had an option to select a chapter to play again after beating the game.

Apparently I'm an idiot because all 4 versions of Uncharted have the option to play individual chapters after you beat the game.

BDSooner72

So the guys behind The Order 1886 are working on their next game.

! No longer available

That is different.

Jason

That is disappointing.

They should have made a sequel to The Order that addressed the biggest complaints about the game (length and over-used QTE's).

BDSooner72

Looks like I will be getting an Xbox One sooner than later. PS4 crashed for good and repairs are around $150. My PSN is running out so I plan to just shit can it and get an Xbox One. Now the question is can I go without video games for a couple months or get something now as they are dropping the price on them?

Jason

Sorry to hear about your PS4. I just saw a deal for an Xbox One that included 4 games (Forza 6, GoW and two other games I can't remember) and an extra controller for only $279. I'll try to find where I saw it.