News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Ted

I lost two straight at home to the Indians and am facing elimination from the first round going into Cleveland.

On the positive side, this morning I reached 35,583,818 in Nation Red to move to 732 in the world.

Jason

I've been playing a lot of WWE '13 lately and finally decided to buy 2K14 with the recent price drop to $40. The new version supposedly fixes my two biggest annoyances with '13...the slow speeds of the attacks and the reversal system.

Brad Company

So...my PS3 started acting up with some nasty graphic glitches and some sparkling on blu-ray playback. Either the video card or the blu-ray drive(or both) are starting to go.
I boxed the 'ol girl up with all my PS3 games and traded her in on a shiny new PS4. I am now fully involved with "next-gen" gaming.
Woo-Hoo :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jason

Congrats! Did you pick up any games for it?

Ted

Quote from: Brad Company on March 22, 2014 @ 10:09:33 PM
So...my PS3 started acting up with some nasty graphic glitches and some sparkling on blu-ray playback. Either the video card or the blu-ray drive(or both) are starting to go.
I boxed the 'ol girl up with all my PS3 games and traded her in on a shiny new PS4. I am now fully involved with "next-gen" gaming.

What kind of trade in value is there for just the PS3 console?

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on March 22, 2014 @ 11:16:38 PM
Congrats! Did you pick up any games for it?

Ghosts...I've read nothing but bad stuff about BF4 glitches. I looked hard at Killzone,but worried the playerbase might be too small. I'll get it a little bit down the road.
I also downloaded all of the free stuff for Plus, including both pinball titles. Zen Pinball 2 was cool enough to give me the tables I purchased for it on PS3 for free.
I put the thing through its' Blu-Ray paces watching American Hustle,as well.

Brad Company

Quote from: Ted on March 23, 2014 @ 12:13:34 AM
Quote from: Brad Company on March 22, 2014 @ 10:09:33 PM

What kind of trade in value is there for just the PS3 console?

For my 120GB slim they quoted me $75, which multiplied by 50% for their upgrade promotion.
I probably could have made a bit more via Craigslist,but I did not want to go through that ordeal.
There is only about a hundred PS3s for sale there already.

Jason

Not to go off topic, but I watched American Hustle on blu-ray this week and really enjoyed it. I thought Christian Bale was great in it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Ted

Got eliminated from the playoffs.  Swept by Cleveland.  On to 2018!

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on March 23, 2014 @ 08:53:21 AM
Not to go off topic, but I watched American Hustle on blu-ray this week and really enjoyed it. I thought Christian Bale was great in it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Amy Adams distracted me through the whole movie :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Jason

I can't imagine why ;)

I never realized how hot she is until I saw this movie. My wife thinks she's the reason I liked the movie so much.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on March 23, 2014 @ 11:51:13 AM
My wife thinks she's the reason I liked the movie so much.

Better she thinks that than knowing it was for Christian Bale.  ???  Amy Adams is amazing, never really understood everyone's attraction to Jennifer Lawrence?  She is a fine actress and I just watched Catching fire but I have never really found her that attractive.

Jason

She does refer to Christian Bale as "my boy".

Jennifer Lawrence is really hit or miss. There are times she looks amazing and times she looks terrible. Even at her best, she has what I call "slutty good looks".

Brad Company

Yeah, a bit of butter face without makeup but kickin' bod.

Jason

I bought Fifa 13 for the Vita last night for $20 after trying the demo. It looks and plays much better than I expected.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk