News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Jason

You beat me to it: Looks Like the PS4 is Getting Some Cool Software Changes

The app suspension should be nice...that's a feature I use on my Vita all the time.

I could have use the button mapping when Madden 2005 came out on the PS2 and switched the O and X buttons with no option to change it back to how it had been every other year.

Edit: Actually found one of my old threads from 2007 complaining about it: http://www.sportsgamingnation.com/sgnforums/forum_posts.asp?TID=727&PID=7097&title=nascar-07#7097

Jason

I caved in a bought Zombie Army Trilogy tonight since the sale ends tomorrow. I also realized that I'm out of hard drive space on my PS4. I'm going to start looking for deals on 2tb drives to replaced the standard drive.

BDSooner72

On the 3rd part of the trilogy and it keeps getting better.  Let me know when you make it to the church and meet a special zombie that you will be seeing much much more in future chapters.

BDSooner72

Uncharted 4 delayed until 2016.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/11/uncharted-4-delayed-until-spring-2016?abthid=550044aa7ab1714373000007

Not a real shocker but the rest of 2015 is looking pretty thin for Sony Exclusives, unless we get some news of certain games actually shipping in 2015 from the E3 conference. 

Jason

Finally got a chance to try out Zombie Army Trilogy last night and now that I've got the gameplay settings set to my liking I'm enjoying it even though I'm only on the first level.

BDSooner72

Just finished it last night. The last two levels are brutal.   I could not see myself finishing this game on a difficulty level higher than Cadet. Well worth the $40 but I have had my fill.  Going to focus on GTAV until Borderlands and MLB arrive.

I did end up trading a few games in that I was not playing. NHL 15, NBA 2K15 and Driveclub.  Outside of playing hockey online with Jason, I never touched it. Doubt I will be buying the series in the future unless they overhaul the National Teams/Tournament mode and add the Frozen Four. Probably won't get another basketball games unless by some miracle a College Basketball game arrives. Driveclub was an easy decision as I just suck at racing games.

Also deleted Super Mega Baseball since MLB is coming soon. Won two championships and pretty much reached the peak of my abilities to compete with the CPU around Ego 65. I do hope it sells well enough for a sequel. It has a great foundation but desperately needs more teams, stadiums, advanced editing of teams and players and a separate Ego for offense and defense. When the difficulty is ramped up it makes it hard as nails to score but you can always pitch well enough to stay in the game.  The fielding in the outfield needs a revamp to where you have to do more to catch a fly ball. I think the infield fielding was great.  One last thing that would be great is the ability to use zone batting, without the game assisting.  It is kind of there as you have to move the cursor more once you get to the higher difficulties but the height of the pitch has too much impact on a grounder or pop-up.

Great thing about selling, removing games when I have had my fill, is not having to worry about paying for a larger hard drive.  296GB free since I only have six games installed.

BDSooner72

I will stick to Pure Pool but Hustle Kings was just released in the US and is Free to Play.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/18/hustle-kings-brings-1080p-pool-ps4-today/

How free, I have no clue.  Pure Pool is on sale and current $6.99 in the PS Store.

BDSooner72

For any Steam user, first come first served.  For per-ordering Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection, I got a bonus that gives you the first Borderlands and all it's DLC for free.

Dear Amazon Customer,

Your order qualifies for the pre-order bonus for this game: a free download of "Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition" for PC through Steam. Here is your Steam bonus code:

JMKIY-2HVKZ-H2GD8

Enjoy

BDSooner72

I am starting to root for MLB The Show 15 to not arrive on time and I hate myself for it.  Amazon has been horrible shipping me games the last year or so and it is to the point where their customer service is too good for their own good.  Being a Prime member and buying most of my games with release date delivery promise, I expect the 2 day shipping they promise. I pay for Prime and by gosh they are going to live up to their end of the bargain.  What they have been doing the last 6+ months have been shipping my orders UPS Ground out of Dallas and upping the delivery date to try to make it in two days.  Little does their computer, which is trying to cheat the system by doing this maneuver know it is costing them a small fortune. Partly due to it, my location in the boonies and some incompetence at UPS. This is not a stealth brag thread. Honestly I would rather have my games show up on time so I could play them.

Here are just some of the highlights

Borderlands 2/Pre Sequel  - $40 digital credit  (this same credit amount on 2 other occasions but do not recall the games)
Dying Light - Prime 3 month extension  (this has happened a couple times)
GTAV and Far Cry - Both games fully credited and I could keep them (shipment was like 5 days late)

These are just a few. I have had such a sting of back luck with the shipping dept, each time I talk to an Amazon Supervisor, they just take a hammer to the piggy bank. Each time this happens I explain that they should stop sending me shipments UPS Ground which is not gauranteed two day delivery. To start sending another carrier or to actually do wha they promise and ship the pack via a 2 day shipment method like UPS Blue, etc.

Jason

Good for you...I love Amazon and buy everything from them, but I'm the first to complain if they don't get something right. My most recent issue was when they delivered a cracked kitchen table (the top was marble) to me twice and was given a $150 gift card for the inconvenience. My best deal was when I was able to keep a $499 Canon digital camera back in 2002. I payed for upgraded shipping (Prime didn't exist back then) to have it for Christmas and it didn't arrive in time. They shipped out a second camera with overnight shipping and I let me keep the original when it arrived.

I guess I'm not the only customer complaining to them if they're not perfect.

BDSooner72

Finally they ship MLB The Show 15 UPS 2nd Day Air. Now if only they had shipped it on Friday, instead of Sunday.  They are doing the same thing they do with UPS Ground. Shipping it one way and then rescheduling for early delivery. We shall see.   ;D

I see Amazon now wants some of that Angie's list money.  Unfortunately there are not any Goat Grazers in the area, or goats for that matter, which I am sure Amazon ios working on selling next.  Goats delivered by drones.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Home-Services-Hire-Grazer/dp/B00UBYDXXQ/ref=lp_11161984011_1_1?srs=11161984011&ie=UTF8&qid=1427756498&sr=1-1

BDSooner72

Here I was thinking the MLB 14 server shutdowns were a crappy move. 2K just obliterates the competition when it comes to taking a crap on their customers.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/6/8354137/nba-2k14-servers-shut-down-save-files-filesaves-mycareer-mygm

Even the guys At EA are blushing at this.

Side note:  Really getting into Borderlands: Pre Sequel.  Did not like it at first but once you play it a few hours more, the whole outer space, butt slamming, oxygen needing and crazy navigation starts to work. Navigating maps are much different than BL2 but only because they make use of jump pads and your jumping ability to maneuver certain areas.

Never could find a character that I really wanted to use at first. So I went with DPS and chose Nisha because her play style is a completely different then anything in BL2. No turrets to throw out, just good old fashioned Jacobs pistols with high rates of fire and laser guns. Aussault rifles are fine and I use grenades and occasional a rocket launcher but you need fast rates of fire and speedy reloads to make full use of the special, which is just absolutely

Almost like playing two different games and that is pretty good, although in Borderlands 3 I would rather they stick closer to the BL2 line of thinking.  Bigger everything, varied environments and a section of the game dedicated to Tiny Tina and her DLC.

Cons:
You know it was made my 2K Australia because every other character is an Aussie. Crikey, those voices can get annoying.

Brad Company

2K stinks, and they've wrecked their NBA game, on and off the court.

BDSooner72

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nba-2k14-servers-brought-back-online-following-com/1100-6426479/

Okay guys, we done goofed.  You can have 9 more months to play your single player OFFLINE career mode and then it is gone. NBA 2K14 has been a complete disaster since the beginning.