News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

Went to a Game Xchange store here, came out with a PS2 fat, with OEM controller, 2 OEM memory cards,  OEM DVD remote, GT3, GT4, Tourist Trophy, and MVP 06 for a hundred bucks. Everything very clean.
I still have component cables, gonna get this thing hooked up tonight, hopefully runs good.

Ted

Jason

Nice score. Component cables are a must. They're such an improvement over the standard RCA cables.

Brad Company

Yep, this sucker is in really good shape. Looks like adult owned and very clean. Years ago I got the Monster component PS2/3 cables with optical on clearance somewhere for like 5 bucks. I held onto them for all this time. All the games boot and run, so far, so good.

Jason

Awesome. Congrats on your new purchase. I purchased my fat PS2 in September 2001 (a few days before 9/11) and it still runs fine to this day. They're pretty solid units as long as they're taken care of.

Brad Company

I used to have a Slim with all the trimmings and sold it, regrettably. This rectifies that. I want to find one of the Logitech wireless controllers like I had before, that thing was great.

Jason

Is this the one you're talking about? It's the only non first-party controller I've ever bought. My son uses it for the PS2 because its current location won't work with a wired controller.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brad Company

Jason

It's definitely not as good as the dual shock 2. The analog sticks are very loose and the buttons are mushy, but it's well built and I never had issues with the wireless connection.

Brad Company

Brought home the GOAT, MVP 05. Found  an ancient FAQ online for editing the roster and renaming the  scabs.
Had  to look up how to  enable progressive scan for games that support it. Makes a big difference with MVP.

Jason

I had forgotten how some of the later games in that generation started offering 480p. I think NASCAR 05 was the first one I had with that option. Some of my son's older Lego games also had a widescreen option.

Jason

I'm freeing up space on my SSD so I can download Forza Horizon 5 and it have ready to go tomorrow morning.

Update: It looks like it's only available to people who purchased the premium edition. GamePass players have to wait until Tuesday.

Brad Company

Got NFL 2K5, now I'm set on sports games, lol.
Somebody talk me out of buying the new  CoD, please.

Jason

I can only say that my son, who has bought the deluxe version of COD for as long as I can remember, is passing on it this year.

I watched him play the demo a month or two ago and thought it looked like a PS3 game.

Jason

I've been playing a ton of Forza Horizon 5 since it was released on Tuesday and can't see myself going back to 4. The graphics, gameplay and location are all so much better in 5.