News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

BDSooner72

Phil has confirmed. If you want Bethesda games, outside a few games that have existing contracts, you gotta be on Xbox or PC.

Quote"If you're an xbox customer, the thing I want you to know is that this is about delivering great exclusive games to you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists." - Phil Spencer

Jason

I don't think I own a single game by them, so I'm good.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

The majority are in First Person View, so that checks out.

Ted

Man the Bethesda and EA drop on Gamepass is like Christmas.  Holy cow.

Jason

Gamepass really is a system seller. I'll most likely pick up an Xbox this generation for Gamepass only.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Ted

I was thinking the same thing

BDSooner72

It Takes Two is getting some really good reviews. Very cool premise for a co-op game. Me and a friend are going to play it but are fighting on who has to buy it because when you buy it they give you a friend pass to let someone play through the game with you online for free.

Bonus points for Fleetwood Mac, "The Chain" in the trailer.

IGN/Gamespot gave it 9's.

ACG review. Buy! Buy it now!

Jason

It's a good looking game. I'm surprised there's no solo play with a CPU partner.

Ted

Really liked that trailer, but I hate platformers.

Jason

Zombie Army 4 is one of the PS+ games in April. Been wanting to play that one for a while. The Last of Us 2 just dropped to $30 again, so I'm thinking of getting that too. I was hoping it would be $20 by now, but an extra $10 won't kill me.

BDSooner72

I enjoyed Zombie Army 4 and even stuck around for the first season pass DLC.

BDSooner72

Outriders is pretty good. It's basically Gears of War and The Division had a baby. Tossing in a little Destiny with the charter creation and skills. 3rd person cover shooter that never really likes it when you are in cover. Joe Montana grenade accuracy that you see in the Division and there are plenty of melee guys who come straight at you.  Launch game so it is pretty glitchy and had 3 or so crash to desktops. It was on Gamepass so I am getting my money's worth.

Jason

I was going to ask if anyone knew about Outriders. I saw a YouTube video comparing it to Gears of War a few days ago and have been checking out reviews and videos since then. I thought it was cool that there's a demo for PS4, but you get the whole game on Xbox.

Brad Company

Downloaded the demo, gonna give it a shot. Looking at videos, it seems like Diablo meets Doom Eternal, as well.
It'll have to really grab me to fork out full price for it.

BDSooner72

I am still sticking with good as the gameplay itself is just fine. It needs a few patches but as someone 20+ hours in and still have not completed the story and hardly touched side missions there is some meat on the bones.

One thing they did which I love is the ability to rework your skill tree at any time, with no charges or special items required to access it. Allows for making builds even more fun as you have three tiers you can go down or spread the among the three. I have built a glass cannon that can destroy the toughest enemies even at a higher world tier. Of course if I make a few mistakes in timing a dodge or get rushed, it's game over. Also you can build you weapons and armor to match the skill tree so you can do damage on higher world trees, in turn better chances for better loot and better mods, especially from breaking down legendary gear. Once you get to lvl 20 you start getting a bunch of Epic (purple) items that allow for two mods. One can be changed to anything you have found and broken down to get that mod. Mods also have three tiers, so another build factor to play with.

There is a lot underneath the customizing of weapons and armor to create a great build. I can see myself spending time on this with the endgame.