News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

New announcement -- brand new football game!!

Started by Mike_S, April 24, 2013 @ 11:16:15 PM

Mike_S

He can't get his ID on an iOS version yet.  Apple has to approve that update first.  He could do it if he played on his Android.

Thanks for updating your ID Jason, I just started a game with you!! :-)

Sorry if my ID was wrong before.  It is:

a334851213a24c04adb5ebf903582275

Jason

Mike, did you do any of the programming for the game, and if so, what programming language did you use?

Mike_S

I did pretty much all of the programming.

We originally were on iPhone using the Cocos2D engine, so that was all written in Objective C.

Then we partnered with a company called GameClosure who have a cross-platform hybrid HTML5/native engine.  We ported the game as it was to Javascript, then wrote the rest of the game in Javascript.

Are you thinking about writing an app ?  If so, I would say Objective C with Cocos2D for iPhone is a great place to start -- unless you really care about Android or cross-platform...

Ted

Mike, this game is very good.  Simple, addictive, I wait impatiently for my turn.  Do you guys plan to try any other sports?

Mike_S

Thanks Ted!!

We would love to do ALL the sports, which was our original plan.  We already have full designs for a number of sports, and 95%-complete designs for most of the others.  Unfortunately, we need money to continue to improve Football significantly and/or go on to one or more other sports.

So we are actively pursuing partnerships that could help make good things happen. However while we consider ourselves great game devs, we are not-at-all great games-business guys.  Further, game publishers are hard to predict, and game company investment is down right now (with EA, Zynga, and others doing way worse than they used to), so it really it is hard to say if things are going to work out or not.

So keep your fingers crossed, and help spread the game to as many people as possible.  Any grassroots efforts that helped get us lots more publicity and downloads would be fantastic.

Ted

If I may ask, are you seeing any revenue from the coins or bucks?  Do people buy those?

Jason

I've always been interested in writing an app for either Droid or the iPhone. I started out as a programmer but haven't done any serious programming in probably 20 years. C/C++ and Visual Basic are the last things I've used.

Mike_S

Ted: We are seeing decent revenue-per-user numbers.  Our main issue currently is we don't have nearly enough people downloading the app. 

Jason: If you try to do an app, I'd advise Objective C using the Cocos2D engine.  Easy to get started, and you can use "pure C" if you're so inclined.

Jason

Mike, have you thought about adding the ability to call an audible? There are plenty of times on important third downs when I'd love to change the play selected.

Mike_S

Yes, Audibles and Timeouts are definitely on our "To Do" list.

Right now we're trying to see if we can get a partnership with someone to help fund us to make major improvements to the game.  Unfortunately until that happens, items from the "To Do" list will trickle in slowly (at best).

If you guys have more suggestions, send 'em along...

Mike_S

Our new update is now out on both iOS and Android.  The main improvement is the ability to challenge someone via their User ID.

Admittedly this is a band-aid solution to allow people to play against friends without using Facebook, and not as easy or durable as we would have hoped.  But it does work.

Meanwhile, if any of you want to play, change your team name to something I'll recognize and then challenge me via my ID:

a334851213a24c04adb5ebf903582275

Ted

I sent one to Jason using my contact list and my id.  Mike I'll send one to your ID.  Look for Hammerzeit

Mike_S

Just saw the game.  I'm working, but will try to play my turns now and then.

Jason

Guys, I'm in Florida until Monday which is why I haven't accepted your challenge yet Ted.

Mike_S

Have fun in Florida!  Hope it's a vacation...