News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

New announcement -- brand new football game!!

Started by Mike_S, April 24, 2013 @ 11:16:15 PM

Ted

But to play you, to specifically pick you to play, it is?

Mike_S

iOS users can play Android users.  Any device should be able to match with any other.

You do not have to log into Facebook to play. 

You DO currently have to log into Facebook to match with someone specific.  However I believe you can both log into Facebook within the app, create the game between you, then immediately log out of Facebook within the app, and the game will still be there.  Once it's there, I think it's there forever and you can continue to play without being logged into Facebook.

Further, we only use Facebook for matching with friends -- the game does not post to Facebook on your behalf, take any of your info, prompt you to post, etc.  So staying logged in isn't as big a deal as it is in some other games.

Give it a try, my guess is that you'll like it at first and then be pleasantly surprised as to how much is actually in there as you play more. :-)

Ted

Mike,

I deleted my facebook account and I won't go back.  Just a suggestion, but maybe a matchmaking alternative in future versions...perhaps a google account?  I realize people like me are now in a small minority with facebook being the juggernaut that it is, but I really despise it.

Mike_S

You're actually not in the small minority.  I have heard similar thoughts from multiple people.

I'm currently working with another start-up on a fantasy-sports-lite/pick-em game -- it's in Beta at scorestreak.com if you want to check it out.  Anyway, we learned that something like 40% of users will not log in via Facebook to a game right now.  As a result, we allow e-mail log-in and an in-game friending.

For "Your Turn Football" we partnered with a tech company who made our core Engine and some of the social features.  Some of their stuff works really well, but unfortunately some doesn't.  One part that doesn't is the user-account system, and the ability to play with friends.  It is in dire need of e-mail and/or phone number registration, and the ability to match up against specific friends beyond just FB friends.  If we had cycles to fix that, it'd probably be the first thing we work on.  Unfortunately we do not at the current time.  If the game gets a lot of downloads, we may be able to improve things like that.

That said, I still think you'd probably enjoy the core game and should try it, even if you have to play with randoms.  ;-)

Mike_S

I finally have my new handset.  Are any of you still playing and logged in via Facebook ?

Let me know and we can become Facebook friends and play a few games...

Also: We hope to soon be pushing a feature where you can challenge friends via UserID.  It's a stop-gap solution until we can eventually get a better account system in where you can play via e-mail, phone, or Facebook, but at least it's better than nothing.

Jason

I just downloaded the update for YTF which includes invites by gamer-ID. My gamer-ID is JasonSGN if anyone is looking for a game.

Ted

Finally downloaded it on the iphone and played the tutorial.  I like the passing and the speed of the game.  I'll be looking for some games with you guys.

Jason

Ted

I have.  I really don't like Apple, but damn it's a slick gadget.

Mike_S

Guys -- The update with Play vs. User ID is out for Android, and will be out pretty soon for iOS.

The User ID is unfortunately NOT your team name.  It is a long ID number that you can find in the Settings Menu.  You can also send it to your contacts via text so they can copy and paste it in by selecting Start a New Game/User ID/Send ID.

This is not our ideal solution, just a quick band-aid to let you play people without Facebook.

If anyone wants to play against me, my ID # to enter is: a334851213a24c04adb5ebf903582775

My team name is MikeSap.

Looking forward to playing a few games...so far my team record is 5-5...

:-)

Jason

Mine is: de83a12bc96541fc9fc79ab99dfe4251

Team name is JasonSGN.

Mike_S

Sorry Jason -- your ID should be 32 characters, and the one you posted is 33.  Try again or just challenge me.

(I told you it was a pain...)

Jason

Mike, I updated my ID above. I tried starting a game with you and it keeps telling me I'm not entering a valid user ID for you. I copy and pasted right from the your post on my tablet to the game, so I couldn't have typed anything wrong. Can you double-check your ID too? Thanks.

Jason

Ted, I just got an automated text from you requesting to play a game, but it came in my phone and I have the game installed on my tablet. Post your user ID and I'll try sending you a request from my tablet.

Ted

Jason,

I sent that request using my Contacts list in the menu option in the game.  Can you do the same?  I'm trying to find my user ID, but I don't see a settings button in the game. Then again maybe I should play it on my Droid tablet.