News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

New announcement -- brand new football game!!

Started by Mike_S, April 24, 2013 @ 11:16:15 PM

Mike_S

Guys:

Sorry for the long-time silence.  I finally am in the clear to post something about what I've been working on!!  Also sorry that this post is similar to stuff I'm posting elsewhere.  You know I'm a regular here and will check in to answer questions, provide updates, etc.

Anyway: I have been working with 2 other long-time game devs on a brand new football game that is going to launch this month.  We think it's super-fun, and it's just so different and refreshing from everything else we've seen out there on console, web, or mobile.

Our game is called "Your Turn Football", and it's a free-to-play game for Android, Tablets, and iOS.  We run on virtually all smart phones and tablets.

As for the game: It's super easy to pick up and play, yet actually surprisingly deep and believable.  We get compared all the time to "Tecmo Bowl", the old handheld "Mattel Electronics Football", and "Electric Football".  But the comparisons aren't really fair -- we're actually easier to play than any of those games, arguably more fun, and WAY more football-realistic!!  Seriously!! :-)

We are a small start-up with pretty much no money and no marketing budget.  We are trying to get a grassroots effort going to build a userbase, keep our company alive, and eventually be able to deliver a whole line of super-fun sports games.

Our first preview was just posted at: www.sportsgamerblog.com.  You can also see some screens and info on the game on our site: www.yourturnfootball.com.

If you guys can spread the word, please do -- if you post on other sports web sites, game sites, etc., please post info about this to get people aware of the game!!  If you tweet or use Facebook, let people know.

If you have other ideas on how to help us spread the word, please let me know.

We are currently available on Android in some non-US countries, but expect to be available on all platforms in all territories including US before the end of the month.

Hope all is well with the rest of you, and hope this starts to bring you guys out of your gaming rut!!

Mike

Jason

Congrats!!! I'm looking forward to trying it out when it's released.

Mike_S

Your Turn Football is out in non-US territories: Canada and UK among others.  If any of you live there, please download it and give it a try.

It's free for iOS, Android, and tablets.

Would love to hear any feedback people have...

We should be out on all platforms in the US very soon.

Ted

It looks very interesting.  I will try it when it drops in the US

Jason

Any update on when it'll be available in the US?

Mike_S

We had hoped it would be available in the US by now.

We have Apple and Google approval, and our game is live in other territories, but we are having one technical issue on our side that we need to resolve before we go live in the US.

I am hoping it's fixed this week so we can be live shortly, but there's a chance we will need to re-submit (which would mean another week delay).

I will keep you posted; hopefully it'll be live very soon.

Jason

It's finally available and it works great on my new Galaxy tablet.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on June 24, 2013 @ 09:08:50 PM
It's finally available and it works great on my new Galaxy tablet.

I love the gameplay...especially the passing. Great job!!! I hope you can add a way to play against the CPU though.

Mike_S

Thanks!  I was just getting around to posting now...

The game is finally available in the US and elsewhere for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Tablets.

iPhone and iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/your-turn-football/id598041839?mt=8

Android and Tablets: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pick6studios.football

If you guys like it, please spread the word.

We also would love to hear what everybody thinks -- just post here.  We will try to address issues in future updates.

Thanks!!

As for play-vs.-CPU: We may do that in future, it would be fairly straightforward, however we currently want only vs.-real-people play in an effort to spread the game more quickly among friends.

Mike_S

If you guys want to play me, just give me a yell.  We need to be Facebook friends first...and I actually need a new phone first too!   But very soon... :-)

Jason

Mike, let me know when you have a new phone and I'll send you a game request through the Facebook Connect feature.

I guess I just need to get used to playing a random. Instead of just playing the game in one shot, I've been going back and forth with someone since last night. I run my offensive plays and then wait on him to run his, even if it's a few hours later. It's sorta like "Words with Friends"...you play when you can and then just wait for your turn again.

Mike_S

The best things you can do are either:

- Get a lot of friends to play, and play directly with them

or

- Get a lot of games going simultaneously.  Inevitably, someone will take their turn right away and you can get a great back-and-forth game going if you have time.

Have fun!

Jason

Ted

Quote from: Jason on June 25, 2013 @ 07:47:03 PM
Can iPhone users play against Droid users?

My question too since I just got an iPhone, but I do have a droid tablet.  Also is facebook required to play at all because I don't and won't do that.

Jason