News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

It's Official

Started by Jason, April 24, 2013 @ 05:57:23 PM

Brad Company

The 'Bone is a beast...and it STILL needs an external power brick.

Brad Company

Here is someone who gets it and sums up what is seriously wrong with the industry right now;
http://www.destructoid.com/an-industry-that-needs-xbox-one-drm-is-a-failed-industry-256643.phtml

Jason

Great article. I'd like to print it and frame it.

Most people favored Microsoft's DRM because of the "Family Sharing Plan", but the real details prove it was far from what people thought:

"When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour...When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game... The difference between the family sharing and the typical store demo is that your progress is saved as if it was the full game, and the data that was installed for that shared game doesn’t need to be erased when they purchase the full game!"

Source: heyuguysgaming.com

Brad Company

Did anyone really believe 10 people could share ownership of a game? That publishers would be cool with 10 people paying $6 each to own the new MaddenFIFACallofDuty? Really? ::)

webdanzer

The 'hour demo' family sharing thing has not been proven to be true.  Definitely rumor status.

Brad Company

But do you honestly think 10 people could own a game for the price of one?
There had to be some sort of catch there; no one was going to sell new games for $6 dollars per person.
It didn't make sense with all of the other restrictions.

Ted

It really didn't, but the only thing I could think was, that's the trade off.  You give up all this other stuff and you have to connect every 24 hours, but this is what you get in return.  So I thought there was a chance the 10 family  circle thing might be legit.

Jason

It's still rumor status, but it hasn't been disproved yet. I'm with Brad on this, there's no way Microsoft or the game publishers would let up to 10 people share their games with no limits. What was mentioned in the article seems like a much more realistic scenario.