News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

It's Official

Started by Jason, April 24, 2013 @ 05:57:23 PM

Jason

Thanks for the info...I really like the site you linked to. I like being able to compare all the different cards directly against each other.

Brad Company

Five Hundred bucks for the Bone... :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Jason

Looks like the next-gen console war is over before it started - Sony is not implementing any restrictions on disc-based games and has $399 price tag. I wonder if the price of the games will be affected by this decision.

Brad Company

Bone games are 60 bucks for pre-order...I imagine PS4 will be the same. The extra 100 dollar price difference is for Kinect 2.0 and to pay off TV providers. I'm not sure that could have gone worse for Microsoft. They better hope their exclusives sell in the millions.

Jason

I'd like Sony to announce the hard drive size and I'd like to hear how publishers are going to deal with the lack of DRM on the PS4. Other than those two issues, I would almost consider pre-ordering a PS4 and I've never owned any console within a year of its release. I know some people are making a big deal out of having to buy the PS+ pass for online gaming now, but it was just a matter of time before that happened.

Jason

Got another question answered...PS4 comes with a 500GB hard drive and is upgradeable. It also comes with an HDMI cable too.

PDF Spec Sheet Attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jason

Got my second question answered...Publishers will be allowed to use "Used Game Passes". Sounds very similar to the online pass. Will be interested to see more details on this.

webdanzer

Definitely PS4 for me next-gen, unless there are still unforeseen revelations to come.

Jason

Quote from: webdanzer on June 11, 2013 @ 10:30:15 AM
Definitely PS4 for me next-gen, unless there are still unforeseen revelations to come.

Same here - I may even buy it at launch. The small game library at launch doesn't really concern me because Madden 25, NBA 2k14 and Watchdogs would hold me over for a while.

Brad Company

FYI, I have found PS+ to be great value with all of the free games and discounts. I wouldn't have a Sony console without it.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 11, 2013 @ 04:25:52 PM
FYI, I have found PS+ to be great value with all of the free games and discounts. I wouldn't have a Sony console without it.

I honestly have no problem at all paying for PS+ and don't think it's a big deal at all. I'd prefer free, but I knew Sony was going to have to charge at some point to compete against Xbox Live.

Jason

Jason

This makes me feel a little better about the PS4 DRM issue with third-party games:

Third-Party DRM Refers to Playing Used Games Online Only

That's essentially identical to the online pass which we have now.

Ted

Will it be backward compatible for PS3 games?

Brad Company

No back- compat out of the box,but there are plans to use Gakai as a streaming solution. How well that may work remains to be seen.
The architecture of the new consoles is so different from their predecessors that BC is impossible without building the old chips into the new decks