News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Gaming Update

Started by Jason, March 05, 2013 @ 09:30:38 PM

Ted

Mike,

If it comes to it I have an xbox sitting unused that I would donate to keep your High Heat seasons going.  All I would ask is that you pay the shipping to get it to you if it comes to having to replace yours.

(At least I think I still have it sitting in drawer in the storage room.)

Mike_S

Thanks so much Ted!!

I actually think that if it breaks down I can either get it fixed or find a new used XBox for cheap.  What I'm worried about is being able to find an XBox memory card and having the data get properly moved, since HH only works with the hard drive on XBox.

Anyway, for now it's still ok, so hopefully it'll be good for a while.

FWIW: Do the old XBox games run on the 360 ?

Brad Company

Some do, via emulation. According to the wiki, High Heat 2004 is.

Ted

I successfully played HH04 on the 360.  Looks terrible though  :P

Jason

Played some more Tomb Raider and still liking it a lot. I'm at 29% in the game, but I haven't done any of the side missions (hidden tombs), so I'm guessing I'm about halfway through the main story so far. What surprised me is how similar the gun play is to Gears of War and using the blow and arrow is especially fun. I'm so glad I took a chance on this game.

Mike_S

Thank you for not saying "STILL looks terrible though..." ;-)

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on April 09, 2013 @ 08:53:03 PM
Played some more Tomb Raider and still liking it a lot. I'm at 29% in the game, but I haven't done any of the side missions (hidden tombs), so I'm guessing I'm about halfway through the main story so far. What surprised me is how similar the gun play is to Gears of War and using the blow and arrow is especially fun. I'm so glad I took a chance on this game.

So Lara uses a Blow and Arrow? :P

Jason

Jason

I downloaded the demo for Motocross Madness last night and thought it was pure crap.

Jason

Holy crap...thought I was about to finish Tomb Raider last night only to find out there's much more to the story. Excellent, excellent game!!!

Jason

Finish Tomb Raider over the weekend. Looking forward to going back to the island to raid the hidden tombs now that the main storyline is done and all the bad guys are dead.

Slumberland

I thought Tomb Raider was about over when I was at the sequence with, how shall I put it, a lot of fires... but yeah there's a lot more after that.

Jason

Yes, I thought the "leap of faith" was the end myself, which wasn't even close to being the end.

Jason

Finished raiding all the hidden tombs last night and almost maxed out Lara's abilities. I was surprised to see quite a few bad guys still roaming around the island.

Jason

Just wanted to mention that Amazon is currently selling Tomb Raider for $29.99 (XB360 and PS3) - at that price it's an absolute steal.

http://www.amazon.com/Tomb-Raider-Xbox-360/dp/B004FSE52C/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_z