News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

MLB 2K13 coming to 360 and PS3 this spring

Started by BDSooner72, January 09, 2013 @ 08:41:31 AM

Jason

Consider me shocked. After reading the article, it seems that 2K Sports got themselves a much better deal to continue making the game - good for them. MLB should never have forced an exclusive license and had to crawl back to 2K just so they'd have an officially licensed MLB baseball game on the Xbox this year.

I wonder how long 2K Sports has been working on MLB 2K13. If they just started after a deal was reached, I doubt there's going to be anything new or improved in this year's game considering that it's coming out in less than 2 months. Hopefully they've been working on it for a while in hopes that a deal would be made.

Jason

Brad Company

If 2K got good terms and are essentially releasing a roster update they should make a big splash and price the game at $19.99.
Might get a little market share back on the PS3 and hype the series going forward to next-gen.

Jason

They already have it listed on their site for $59.99, which is a HUGE mistake.

BDSooner72

A huge mistake for PS3 sales but since this is the only baseball game for the 360, you had to see it coming.  Now if there are no improvements to the game and they stick with $59.99, I would be really pissed.

They are still doing that Million Dollar Challenge, gotta find some way to pay for it I guess.

Jason

Total Control Pitching & Hitting - The original analog pitching and hitting controls remain the benchmark. Unmatched control and realism allow you to feel the action on both sides of the plate.

My Player - Experience the journey from Minor Leagues to MLB stardom. Choose your path, customize your player and work your way to the top.

MLB Today - Take the field in an authentic environment pulled from the real life MLB season. Featuring the latest rosters & lineups, and relevant commentary & stats overlays.

MLB Today Season - Play through the full 2013 MLB season, one day at a time. Real results combine with yours, allowing you to compete directly with real life MLB teams.

Dynamic Tendencies - Player performance fluctuates dynamically as player ratings update from pitch to pitch and at-bat to at-bat.

Inside Edge & Stats Inc. - Strategize for each at-bat with authentic scouting reports and data from Inside Edge & Stats Inc.

Franchise - Championship teams are built in the front office, and crowned on the field. Can you master both sides of the ball and build a dynasty?

Postseason - Relive the 2012 Postseason, or customize your own bracket and crown a new champion.

Home Run Derby - Go head to head with MLB’s greatest power hitters in a classic Derby format.

Doesn't look like they're adding anything new  :-[ .

Brad Company

At this point you should hope they managed to put the Astros in the AL.

BDSooner72

I had no idea the Astros were heading to the AL.  :-[

I am not expecting much but at least I will have a baseball game to play if I get the itch.

Ted

They really need to start adding to the franchise mode.

Jason

This is the first time in 5 years that I haven't purchased MLB 2K on its release day and it seems I made the right decision. I'm usually very excited about MLB 2K's release, but I couldn't care less about it this year.

Jason

What's surprising to me is that 2K13 is not getting ripped apart on the OS forums, yet all the reviews for it are terrible. Basically, it seems to be a slightly improved 2K12 gameplay-wise. The big problem everyone has with the game is the $60 price tag and I couldn't agree more, although I blame MLB and the Million Dollar contest for that price. I may consider buying a copy once it drops below $30.

Ted

I would get it for the Astros in the AL if it was released on PC (with a price drop).

Anyone playing The Show this year?  Is the franchise mode and the menu system any better?  I have given up hope that they will improve the batter/pitcher interface and make it so I can tell balls from strikes.

Jason

The price of this finally dropped to $40, but I'm holding out until it's $30. I don't understand why "The Show" has dropped so much in price yet this hasn't.