News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NASCAR The Game 2011 Info

Started by Jason, December 21, 2010 @ 08:38:54 PM

Jason

I have no interest in online at this point, but I plan on starting a career this week. Right now I'm having a hard time picking a difficulty to use because I can win consistently on "Medium" but can't really compete on "Hard". I may run a long race on both difficulties and see what happens.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on August 10, 2011 @ 08:18:00 AM
I have no interest in online at this point, but I plan on starting a career this week. Right now I'm having a hard time picking a difficulty to use because I can win consistently on "Medium" but can't really compete on "Hard". I may run a long race on both difficulties and see what happens.

I've customized the difficulty level somewhat between the two.

Jason

I've decided to stick with hard because I was winning on intermediate tracks too easily on medium. I also switched from Chevy (Jeff Gordon) to Toyota (Denny Hamlin) and like the way the Toyota's handle. I thought I might have been imagining things, but apparently the different car makes handle differently. In any case, I'm having a lot of fun with this game right now and haven't really played anything else.

Jason

Possible third patch coming for NTG 2011. From Dave's Twitter:

davet_etx Dave Thompson
"@GUARDAMP88: hey is there going to be another update for @nascarthegame?" Quite possibly

I don't think so, about the Toyotas but we're looking at extra DLC. Trying to figure out how to get another patch out first

Jason

It's been confirmed on the NASCAR forum that a third patch will be released. No exact details on what it will fix yet.

I'll give Euctechnyx credit for trying to make things right with this game, but I'm sure they're also looking for some positive press before the probable February release of NTG 2012.

Brad Company

They dug a pretty big hole with 2011...some folks won't come back.

Jason

Patch #3 has been confirmed. Full details coming next week.

Jason

Some big announcement is planned for Friday.

Jason

NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch #3

We’re pleased to announce that we will soon be releasing Patch #3 for NASCAR The Game 2011. The patch has already successfully passed our internal testing procedure and has now gone into full test with Activision. Once this is completed the patch will be submitted to Microsoft & Sony for approval. 

You can find complete lists of the Fixes and Improvements included in Patch 3 below. Most noticeable amongst these fixes are the Loose Glitch & Online Surging, as they’ve come to be known. 

Fixes

• Xbox 360 - The car randomly loses rear end grip whilst playing online (Loose Glitch).
  • After a severe spin, the car lacks rear end grip and makes it feel very loose.
  • During online races, particularly on the Superspeedways, player’s cars can surge backward and forward making it impossible to bump draft. (Online Surging)
  • Online - On the initial rolling start, the formation can be incorrectly spaced.
  • During an online caution when the ‘NASCAR Sprint Cup’ transition screen is displayed sometimes your car can get damaged.
  • Caution lights can be inversed for Texas, Talladega and Watkins Glen i.e. yellow when there isn’t a Caution and green when there is a Caution.
  • Under Caution players cars drive through the Pace Car
  • Xbox 360 - Incompatible NAT types will not be allowed in to the same lobbies. Players will be given a message informing them that there is a problem and detail their NAT type. This will stop the players being booted from the game when the lobby count reaches zero. The PS3 handles this already.
  • Under certain conditions, super quick lap times are posted to the leaderboard.
  • Leaderboard times are not shown correctly in the Lobby.
  • The game sometime freezes on the loading screen when launching an online game.
  • ‘Players Still Racing’ message can sometimes be seen in the Lobby even though all players have finished racing.
  • PS3 Paint Booth freezes.
  • In a Lobby, when muting and un-muting players, the cursor can be out of sync with who gets muted.
  • When pitting during an online game, the windscreen tear off doesn’t work.
  • The car should not go in to reverse gear now unless it is stationary.
  • Xbox 360 - Race Invites stop working under certain conditions.
  • After leaving a lobby and then selecting Quick Race the game can sometimes soft lock.
  • Veto track shows incorrect amount of players in the lobby.
  • Online â€" Sometimes players can be racing on a different track to others in the game due to a veto issue.
  • Online, cars sometimes don’t appear in the Proximity Radar.
  • Changing Race Pins stopped working with the 2011 Season Update DLC.
  • PS3 â€" Online, the game will not start until all paint scheme data has been transferred to all players. When the lobby count reaches zero, the game informs the players this is happening using the lobby status message next to the lobby count.
Improvements

• A.I. Bunching up and brake checking, which can result in collisions between the A.I. cars, has been improved.
  • Lobby counter will no longer add time whenever a player joins the lobby.
  • When searching for an online game, the status text reads “Loading”. There are now three different states “Searching”, “Joining” and “Creating”.
  • Quick Race default race length setting changed from 2% to 5%.
Source: nascarthegame.com

Jason

Wow!!! I'm shocked that they would put out such a comprehensive patch this late in the game's cycle. Can't wait to try it out in a few weeks.

Jason

Via Twitter:

davet_etx Dave Thompson
Activision's testing of NTG11 Patch 3 has been completed. We have some minor issues to fix and then a final test sweep will be made

Jason

Via Twitter:

Patch #3 for NASCAR The Game 2011 has been submitted to both Microsoft and Sony for approval. Will Tweet an update when it passes. Please RT

Link

Jason

We've just been informed by Activision that the NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch 3 has been submitted to Sony and Microsoft for approval. As soon as we've been given a release date for Patch 3 we'll update everybody.

I've noticed that a few people are saying "I hope this and that is fixed" so rather than have a link to the fix list I've now copied the fix list to this thread rather than linking to the news item on the website, hopefully this will make it clearer for everybody.

Fixes

• Xbox 360 - The car randomly loses rear end grip whilst playing online (Loose Glitch).
  • After a severe spin, the car lacks rear end grip and makes it feel very loose.
  • During online races, particularly on the Super speedways, player’s cars can surge backward and forward making it impossible to bump draft. (Online Surging)
  • Online - On the initial rolling start, the formation can be incorrectly spaced.
  • During an online caution when the ‘NASCAR Sprint Cup’ transition screen is displayed sometimes the player’s car can get damaged.
  • Caution lights can be inversed for Texas, Talladega and Watkins Glen i.e. yellow when there isn’t a Caution and green when there is a Caution.
  • Under Caution players cars drive through the Pace Car
  • Xbox 360 - Incompatible NAT (Network Address Translation) types will not be allowed in to the same lobbies. Players will be given a message informing them that there is a problem and detail their NAT type. This will stop the players being removed from the game when the lobby counter reaches zero. The PS3 handles this already.
  • Under certain conditions, super quick lap times are posted to the leaderboard.
  • Leaderboard times are not shown correctly in the Lobby.
  • The game sometimes freezes on the loading screen when launching an online game.
  • ‘Players Still Racing’ message can sometimes be seen in the Lobby even though all players have finished racing.
  • PS3 Paint Booth freezes.
  • In a Lobby, when muting and un-muting players, the cursor can be out of sync with who gets muted.
  • When pitting during an online game, the windscreen tear off doesn’t work.
  • The car should not go in to reverse gear now unless it is stationary.
  • Xbox 360 - Race invitations stop working under certain conditions.
  • After leaving a lobby and then selecting ‘Quick Race’ the game can sometimes soft lock.
  • Veto track shows incorrect amount of players in the lobby.
  • Online â€" Sometimes players can be racing on a different track to others in the game due to a veto issue.
  • Online, cars sometimes don’t appear in the Proximity Radar.
  • Changing Race Pins stopped working with the 2011 Season Update Downloadable Content (DLC).
  • PS3 â€" Online, the game will not start until all paint scheme data has been transferred to all players. When the lobby counter reaches zero, the game informs the players this is happening using the lobby status message next to the lobby counter.
Improvements

• Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) Bunching up and brake checking, which can result in collisions between the A.I. cars, has been improved.
  • Lobby counter will no longer add time whenever a player joins the lobby.
  • When searching for an online game, the status text reads “Loading”. There are now three different states “Searching”, “Joining” and “Creating”.
  • Quick Race default race length setting changed from 2% to 5%.

Jason

Patch #3 is out for PS3 and should be out soon for XB360.

Jason

Still waiting on the patch for XB360  >:( .