News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NASCAR The Game 2011 Info

Started by Jason, December 21, 2010 @ 08:38:54 PM

Brad Company

Too bad 360 users will have to pay 160 MS points for the DLC. :(

Jason

It's only $2 but I'm pissed off about it because it was supposed to be free. Eutechnyx is saying Microsoft that won't let them offer it for free.

Jason

Just checked this morning...still no patch.

Jason

Per Dave On Twitter:

I am pleased to announce the approval of the patch by Microsoft. It will be released 23rd July at 2am PDT. Thank you for your patience

Jason

webdanzer

Love to hear some post-patch thoughts...

Jason

I'm taking out my wheel and hitting the track once the kids are in bed.

Jason

Downloaded the DLC this morning. I know it was supposed to be free, but $2 is not a lot of money to pay for the additions.

The offline game has improved a lot. The online game still has issues, but that doesn't bother me at all since I don't play online much anymore.

GB_Simo

Quote from: Jason on July 26, 2011 @ 09:54:16 AMThe offline game has improved a lot.

Do please continue.  I'm still thinking of importing this if the patch has fixed the great many flaws it had.  I'd be particularly interested to know if the yellow flags are now better implemented, how the AI is (both on-track and deciding when to pit under caution) and if you're seeing any catch-up logic at all.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Brad Company

I'm sending NCAA12 back to Gamefly, so now that she's all patched up I'm a-gonna give this game a whirl.     

Jason

Yellow flags are now much better implemented. That's the one thing that seems to work perfectly with the new patch. The AI has improved but there is still some rubber-banding. Also, the AI will sometimes makes bad pitting decisions like not pitting under caution and then pitting two laps later during green. I haven't played enough long races to see if it happens all the time, but I have seen it happen on occasion. Some people are saying that the DLC improved the game some more, but I haven't played enough to confirm that.

Ted

Quote from: Brad Company on July 26, 2011 @ 05:50:53 PM
I'm sending NCAA12 back to Gamefly, so now that she's all patched up I'm a-gonna give this game a whirl.   

That didn't take long.  Is NCAA12 not your fancy?

Brad Company

Quote from: Ted on July 27, 2011 @ 03:00:11 PM
Quote from: Brad Company on July 26, 2011 @ 05:50:53 PM

That didn't take long.  Is NCAA12 not your fancy?

It's not a bad game,just not enough of an upgrade to keep,especially with the roster glitch.
The CPU still cannot accurately run Option,Spread Option,or Air Raid defenses and can't run with the QB at all, which really kills the realism.
I still have NCAA11 and Playmakers' Alumni rosters(which are excellent) and a very good set for this season if I feel the urge.

Jason

Brad, what's your thoughts on NASCAR 2011?

I've been really enjoying the game since the patch. I haven't run too many long races due to some quirky AI pitting issues, but I'm having fun running 20-30 lap races. The graphics and controls have always been great, but the racing AI is much improved now, which makes racing really fun again.

Brad Company

I just got it (for PS3) and like it so far. I've cloned the controls so they're like GT5 and it's fun for what I want to do, which is hot laps and quick races. The driving model is pretty good as well as the graphics and sound.
I like having both 2010 and 2011 seasons and all of the car and livery choices.

I haven't done anything with Career or Online yet and may not bother.