News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Gears of War

Started by Jason, July 03, 2012 @ 09:30:11 PM

Jason

...and done. Awesome trilogy.

Jason

I may actually do something that I haven't done since the 16-bit days...play through a game a second time. I'm actually considering playing through all 3 again.

BDSooner72

I bet you would love the Uncharted series. Based on your fondness for this game, RDR and 3rd person shooters with cover systems, this would be right up your alley. If you were to ever pick up a PS3.

Normally I am a one and done type of gamer but open world games have changed that. I am replaying Skyrim (I know, going to end up with 500 hours invested in this game) but will be playing as a primary archer/thief and a sexy female, seeking a relationship with another sexy female.  ;) ;)  Also going to replay the single player of Red Dead Redemption and try and pick up some more achievements, not rush through it this time.

While I plan on getting all the traditional sports games, I find myself playing them far less these days. Kinda hit that lull at the end of the generation where it all feels like the same thing you have been playing the last few years.

Jason

Quote from: Brent on July 30, 2012 @ 02:21:11 PM
While I plan on getting all the traditional sports games, I find myself playing them far less these days. Kinda hit that lull at the end of the generation where it all feels like the same thing you have been playing the last few years.

That's exactly how I feel.

After playing GOW 3, it's hard to believe it's in the same console generation with the sports games I've been playing for all these years. I actually felt like I was playing a next-gen game while playing it.

Does Uncharted use a cover system too? To be honest, the cover system is the thing I like best about the GOW series. All the others shooters just felt like you were running around shooting wildly.

I also felt that the GOW games were a good length. I don't have time for a 40+ hour game, but 8-12 hours is perfect for me. I also never found myself not knowing what to do during any part of the game.

BDSooner72

The Uncharted games are roughly the same length, have a cover system and a bonus (at least for me) is the traversing obstacles (ala Tomb Raider) and a few little puzzles to keep the brain juices flowing. It is also one of the best looking games of this generation (I would even say Uncharted 2 is the best looking in certain city areas). It also has one of the best game sequences I have ever played (Locomotion/Tunnel Vision). You can find the video on these but if you have any desire to play the game, I would just wait.

A good video example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEaCzuC6ahc#ws

Brad Company

You guys are getting where I am; the stick and ball sports games just haven't kept up.

Jason, while the vs. online modes are very tough in GoW3, Horde mode is pretty laid back and will add a lot of value to the game.
It's a blast with friends and is quite tolerable with randoms.

Jason

I'm actually considering the Season Pass for 2400 points. My only concern is how much I'd actually play online.

Brad Company

Yeah,most of the content is online specific, but you would get Raams' Shadow.
Try some online first, it says here.

Jason

I felt that the original GOW was much harder than the last two but then thought maybe I was just getting better while playing 2 and 3. Well, I put the first one back in last night and it's definitely much harder than 2 and 3. I'm not even through Act I and I've gotten my ass handed to me quite a few times already.