News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

I say farewell to my PS3

Started by BDSooner72, April 21, 2012 @ 12:10:59 AM

BDSooner72

Stopped working and with only one game in the library, it is time to say farewell to Sony for the rest of this generation.  Never really cared for the console due to how things get installed, most games running better on the 360 and a terrible dashboard.  Here is hoping the PS4 is backwards compatible because I really would like to play The Last of Us one day.

Bought MLB 2K12 to have a baseball game.  At least the space cleared out might find itself as a home for a WiiU.  Now that a new Mario is announced and there is always a Zelda on the horizon, I can play my two favorite games without any of that stupid waggle and PS2 graphics.

Ted

Did you buy it new?  How long did it last?  What went wrong with it?  I ask because I may be buying one soon.

BDSooner72

Bought it new.  Pretty sure it was a year or less. Disc read errors were the issues. I would stick a game in or a Blur Ray/DVD and it would not read it. I am sure I could have sent it in for warranty but did not feel like messing with it. I have a friend who thinks he can fix it by replacing the drive or something, so I just gave it to him and sold the game and extra controller on Amazon.

Another reason for not enjoying the system, now that I think about it, was the controller. The Dual Shock just does not work with my hands.  I tried some of the 3rd Party controllers that were shaped like the Xbox but all had issues.

Ted

Personally, I'm not a fan of the dashboard either, but I like the blu-ray now that I've seen it and for some reason netflix streams better (higher quality) with faster loading times through the PS3 than the 360.

BDSooner72

That is one thing I will miss, the streaming of Amazon Prime movies. 

Jason

Quote from: Brent on April 21, 2012 @ 05:23:04 PM
That is one thing I will miss, the streaming of Amazon Prime movies. 

Almost all new Blu-ray players support Amazon Prime streaming. I have an inexpensive Sony Blu-ray player ($89) that offers the feature.

Ted

Does your blu-ray player also stream netflix?

Jason

Quote from: Ted on April 22, 2012 @ 12:46:36 PM

Yep, plus Hulu, Pandora, YouTube and many others.

BDSooner72

My Blue Ray really sucks then. I don't think it does any of those.  Looks like I need to invest in another BR player.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on April 22, 2012 @ 01:03:07 PM
Quote from: Ted on April 22, 2012 @ 12:46:36 PM

Yep, plus Hulu, Pandora, YouTube and manu others.

what sony model do you have?

Jason

I have the BDP-S380 which has been replaced with the BDP-S390.

BDSooner72

My cheap Samsung Blu-ray player finally died on me.  So with that I bought another PS3.  I pondered all the options and as much as I use Amazon Prime/Instant videos, plus the Blu-ray movies, it really was the best option. Especially now that I can go back to The Show (I just prefer the pitching so much more versus 2k12) and play The Last of Us when it is released.

Just under two months from the original post.  ^-^  I probably should have purchased an extended warranty with my recent luck with Blu-ray players.  n::v

Brad Company

Add me on PSN; BradCompany (no space between words).

BDSooner72