News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Madden NFL 13 First Details

Started by BDSooner72, April 20, 2012 @ 08:28:50 PM

BDSooner72

I normally do not care for the youtube backseat drivers bitching about EA games with replays of one or two plays because crazy stuff happens in games.  That said this guy took the proper steps in showing that ratings really do not make a big difference in certain instances (OL/DL play). He goes in a edits the attributes to make a weak tiny OT with no blocking skills. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP86qV6rXOU#ws

Brad Company

Jason

My order is "Shipping Soon". I'm excited for tomorrow.

BDSooner72

Mine shipped Sunday and I think Amazon has some special setup with UPS.  It used to be they would always ship my stuff 2nd Day Air, due to being a Prime member. The last two games have been shipped out of Tennessee UPS Ground, which in normal cases would take 4 days to deliver but there is always an exception on the delivery.

Shipped By
UPS Ground

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
    Tuesday, 08/28/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
    Thursday, 08/30/2012, By End of Day

Amazon wields some serious powers over the shipping world.  ;)

Jason

Brent, was today's update new or was it available on Friday?

BDSooner72

I do not remember if there was an update with the Season Ticket version. I know they promised a launch day patch that fixed the blitz cheat and open WR dropping passes.  Still waiting for my copy to show.

* Just looked at my Season Ticket Madden folder and there is no file for an update. Just updated rosters.

Jason

I forgot to mention how happy I am that they finally got rid of the matrix-style passing camera that they started using in Madden 10. Madden 11 and 12 toned it down a little, but luckily Madden 13 completely got rid of it.

What threshold is everyone using? I don't usually touch that slider, but it set it to 35 and liked the results over my past few games. It's nice not having a defensive lineman run down my halfback in the open field.

BDSooner72

Just left that on default but you have a good idea to slow it down. Will give it a shot next time I play.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on August 14, 2012 @ 09:32:15 AM
Downloaded the demo this morning and played a quarter before going to work - I don't think I can go back to playing NCAA Football now.

I stand corrected. I'm really enjoying Madden this year, but played a few games of NCAA 13 over the past few days and really enjoyed the change of pace.

Jason

Still having fun with Madden and finding myself using a play I'd never use before - the draw play. Draws never seemed to work in previous Maddens, but I have good luck with it when it's used at an appropriate time. I'm also forcing myself to play as a LB on every defensive play, as opposed to a DE. This makes a lot of my games closer than they should be, especially with TE's that catch the ball a lot. Former Giant TE Kevin Boss kicked my ass in my game against the Chiefs.

BDSooner72

Seeing the same thing myself, in both Madden and NCAA with draws. I even notice in the NCAA loading screen they seem to emphasize the draw (Coaching Tips) more this year. I have good TE's and in Madden they will tear you apart.

Jason

Lame-ass update coming out tomorrow for Madden:

The update will include an instant starter option for created “Players” in Connected Careers, numerous stability fixes, and improvements to the Game Face feature.

Jason

Here’s a short breakdown of what was included in title update #2 that released today. As always, we’ll be watching the forums and looking for your feedback.

• Added an Instant Start option to Connected Careers as a player
  • Numerous commentary improvements to address when lines trigger and what they say.
  • Added a trade notification in CCM for the NFL Draft
  • Fixed social media sharing post-game to address spacing issues
  • Improved the GameFace feature
  • Fixed Challenge Audio to make the appropriate call
  • Improved Physics Get-up post play
  • Adjusted created players in Connected Careers so that they always have high progression grades despite their backstory choices
  • Fixed defensive assignment issues against the CPU AI when users were in Man Coverage
  • Increased the chances to trade for a CPU team’s starter
  • Adjusted the scouting development trait in CCM to display as (Slow, Medium, Fast, or Superstar) instead of 0-3.
  • Added the ability to post results from H2H MUT games on Facebook/Twitter.
  • Numerous stability issues around the game in general were also included in the update to improve the overall experience and Connected Careers specifically.

Jason

"Improved Physics Get-up post play"

They actually did a pretty good job with this. I played my first post-patch game today and it didn't look like a bunch of drunks tripping over themselves after each play. While it may not affect gameplay at all, it's brings a bit more realism to the game and presentation.

Jason