News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Trials Evolution

Started by BDSooner72, April 17, 2012 @ 03:10:42 PM

webdanzer

I'm all over it.  Can't wait.

BDSooner72

Game is up for download, downloading it right now.  At 65% DL and the anticipation is right up there with Christmas morning.

BDSooner72

Game is simply amazing.  There is a track in the first set of medium called GIGATRACK which I have only raced once and it took like 14 minutes to finish with around 29 faults (I was pretty tired and just unlocked and used the last bike you are awarded for the first time) and is the best track I have ever played in Trials.  It is long, it has a lot of supercross and hill climbing to it and the distance between checkpoints is far from anything this series has ever seen. The best scores are well over 6 minutes on the leaderboard.  Goes from night to day and felt every bit of it in my run.

The Track Download is very impressive.  The average track install is just under 200KB (yes KB) so they download in an instant. There is an angry birds game out there and a tribute to Meat Boy which is an extreme track and really tough the first run through.

The curving of the tracks take a bit getting used to and my only complaint is that there are way too many times you have no idea where you are going to land due to the cameras, that said once you play a course a few times this will be less an issue.  I like the feel of riding a little more than HD, I can actually do flips and land properly. I am able to make better use of my brake in this one.

Already completed all the tests and have all the bikes and just started the hard difficulty. Going to complete all the tracks before I start racing each for time and no faults.  The platinum medals apparently do not kick in until you beat all the extremes?  I still have plenty of tracks on medium I have yet to get gold (though I have only done on race per track) so there is plenty of work ahead.

Not a lot to unlock with the money you make in the game, as far as outfits and bikes mods are concerned but you do get a few upgrade for your bikes and it is much better than the limited options in Trials HD.

BDSooner72

Extreme tracks are completed.  Each one on the first try. I was a little worried when I silvered the first 3 in a row and all under 50 faults. Then it got good when the Noir style track hit. It took around 150 tries on the first try (two sections that can be maddening) and knocked it down just over 50 on the second try. The next two were around 200 faults each and the Ninja Course was a blast to play. I wont spoil it but there is one section that requires you to do something to advance to the next stage that has never been required before.

Then came Inferno 3.  Remember Inferno 1?  Remember that one section with a rock and then two slanted boards that was a royal PITA? Well lucky us, they added a third slanted board.  So I finally get past this section 20 minutes in and well over 300 faults.  As I near the end I am down to my last 10 faults and 24 seconds left to finish the stage on the first try.  Completed with 29:56 (4 seconds left) and I think 495 faults.  ;D

webdanzer

I really enjoyed Gigatrack too.  Just felt like a fun, long romp through the countryside.

BDSooner72

I think this year I am going a different route.  My goal is to gold all the tracks. Only a few hard left to do and all of the extreme.  Where I plan to spend my time is in the created tracks.  There are a bunch of great supercross/motocross tracks already out there and I have 4 downloaded extreme tracks that look to be as challenging as the ones that came with the game.  One guy has already made a true supercross track that has the camera swing at every turn. It takes getting used to but man was it a blast. So much potential with the track editor and it has only been available a few days. I think I might try it out this weekend and make a nice long Motocross track.

BDSooner72

Kudos to the developers, they deserve every sale they get.

http://playxbla.com/trials-evolution-breaks-xbla-record/

Microsoft Studios Presents: Arcade NEXT program, publisher Microsoft Studios is proud to announce that after the first 24 hours of sales, Trials Evolution has set a record for the highest grossing day-one sales in Xbox LIVE Arcade history!

BDSooner72

This game will be the death of my arms/hands and poor left thumb. I finally got gold on all the extreme trials but two.  I did gold the Ninja and Inferno tracks tonight and my arms were shaking afterwards. One of the signs a game is truly great is when you have to fight the pain to play just one more time, which in turn leads to another hour. It was getting to the point there were sections of the Ninja course I dreaded because my arms were so tired yet here comes another area requiring me to bunny hop across something or to get over something.

BDSooner72

Just got all the gold medals on extreme!  Only have a few medium and hard tracks to gold. 

BDSooner72

Gold 100% complete on all tracks.  Only a few tourneys and games done in the single player. Rank 14,800 of 400,000+.  My biggest accomplishment was beating Gigatrack in 7 minutes and change with one fault. Only complaints with the game (minor) the texture pop-in at the start of a track and your head seems way to sensitive when wrecking with it (major) I want the guy who came up with the stupid water jets in the sewer track to be banished from working on video games ever again.  ;)

Time to retire the single player for awhile and play around with all those wonderful user created tracks.

BDSooner72

Tech Interview: Trials Evolution

In this special deep-dive Digital Foundry tech interview, we go head-to-head with RedLynx's Sebastian Aaltonen (aka sebbbi) to discuss the lessons learned from Trials HD, to get the thinking behind the ambitious Track Central editor, and to uncover the full story on the rendering improvements that power one of the most technologically advanced titles we've seen on the Xbox 360.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-trials-evolution-tech-interview

Good read if your into the stuff under the hood.

BDSooner72

Wow, a recreation of Terminator 2. Not the most fun looking track to play but still.

Trials Evolution Custom Track- Terminator 2

webdanzer

Quote from: Brent on April 28, 2012 @ 07:42:48 PM
Tech Interview: Trials Evolution

Good read if your into the stuff under the hood.

Thanks for posting.