News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

NCAA 13 First Details

Started by BDSooner72, April 02, 2012 @ 04:22:54 PM

BDSooner72

Pre-order bonuses.

Gamestop - Heisman Challenge 3-Player Pack: Mark Ingram, Tim Tebow, & Matt Leinart
Best Buy - Five Star Quarterback
Wal-Mart - Prima Digital Mini Guide
Amazon - 5 Nike Pro Combat Downloadable Uniforms: Army, Georgia, Oklahoma State, Oregon, & Michigan

already pre-ordered from Amazon but I think they got the best pre-order bonus, even though I hate that pre-order bonuses exist.

Brad Company

Yeah, looks like Amazons' is the best, although the Pro Combats are butt-ugly.
What was your final verdict on NCAA12? Seems to have been a letdown to the OS crowd.

BDSooner72

Pretty ho-hum for me this year.  The graphics were really distracting with the horrid field textures during gameplay and then the sweet 3d grass in replays.  Gameplay almost always feel the same to me, except for the few areas they tweak each year. The passing was definitely more difficult this year and they never quite fixed the pass rush which came mostly from interior D-Lineman so you were always in a bit of a hurry.  Commentary was the same, etc.  I did not play a lot of either football game this year but I might spend more time with Madden when it is all said and done.

I do get a good laugh at how they are giving us dynamic lighting this year that changes after ever play.  The exact same thing we had in NCAA 08 minus the HDR Lighting.  I am looking forward to the new audio and commentary, no game needed it more.

BDSooner72

The NCAA Football 13 footage is in the second segment and begins at the 11:54 mark.

GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley

- There was essentially one type of pass in past, now 25 different trajectories.
- This includes the ability to pass over linebackers and users can lead the pass with the left stick for added control
- There are 20+ new drop backs, based upon proper dropbacks depending on the routes in the play.
- QBs can throw on run without setting up, but throws are more difficult across their body.
- Icons dim at snap, lit up when receivers able to make the catch.
- No more psychic defensive backs.
- Both offensive and defensive players "have to see it before they can make a play on the ball."

Jason

Quote from: Brent on April 13, 2012 @ 07:09:51 PM

- There was essentially one type of pass in past, now 25 different trajectories.
- This includes the ability to pass over linebackers and users can lead the pass with the left stick for added control
- There are 20+ new drop backs, based upon proper dropbacks depending on the routes in the play.
- QBs can throw on run without setting up, but throws are more difficult across their body.
- Icons dim at snap, lit up when receivers able to make the catch.
- No more psychic defensive backs.
- Both offensive and defensive players "have to see it before they can make a play on the ball."

Those are some nice gameplay additions.

Brad Company

If they truly got rid of psychic DBs and Superman LBs I'll be impressed.

Jason

Jason

Hoping we can do an online Dynasty this year since we missed doing one last year.

BDSooner72

I would be interested in one.

BDSooner72

Dynasty mode improvements

http://youtu.be/1cy4010fRb8

Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/dynasty-improvements

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/dynasty-presentation

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/operation-dynasty-deep-dive

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ncaa_football_13/b/ps3/archive/2012/05/07/ncaa-13-39-s-dynasty-features.aspx

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements

Dynamic Pitches - Some pitches change on a weekly basis. (New pitch: Playing Style, based upon stats and on-field performance.)
    Scouting - Actual ratings and overall revealed via scouting
    Breaking into Top Ten - If other schools do not show interest, team can move onto board. Prospects start with fewer teams on board. Any team has a chance at every recruit.
    Triple Threat Athletes
    Phone Call
    Search Improvements - Faster & optimized
    New "My School" Screen - Showing current recruiting pitch ratings
    Changes to Player Transfers - New reasons for leaving: Playing Time, Broken Promises, Coach Leaving, Homesick. Try and keep players from leaving by offering recruits. Broken promises can hurt Coach Prestige. Improved transfer logic and number of transfers.
    Website Improvements: New Scouting on the Web, Complete offseason and preseason on the web
    Online Dynasty Live Dashboard: Serverside ability to identify, address, and prevent Transfer Failed issues
    ESPN Bottom Line Ticker (Priority Alerts, Upset Alerts, Final Alerts): Games happen in real-time, upcoming game preview
    ESPN Studio Updates: Live updates in all four quarters, updates will show one to four games. Will highlight: General & Top 25, Upset alerts, BCS updates, big days for players. Hosted by ESPN's Rece Davis.
    New game open will feature "live look-in" from Rece in-studio and then sending it out to Kirk and Brad.
    Nessler will give 'game impact' discussion based on Studio Update from Rece

Jason

Amazon has NCAA Football 13 for $44.99 RIGHT NOW!!!. I just ordered my copy.

BDSooner72

Just canceled my pre-order and reordered just to be safe.

Had $30 in promotions so the game will be $14.99.  ;D  Thanks for the heads up Jason.

Jason

I'm excited for this one. The Dynasty Mode and presentation seem to have taken a big step forward.