News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

L.A. Noire Thread

Started by BDSooner72, December 16, 2010 @ 02:29:32 PM

BDSooner72

I go home tomorrow so I get to play LA Noire sooner than expected.

Now to the funny thing about my purchase yesterday. MX/ATV Alive is going back unopened to GS.  I just read that it will be July before we see any motocross tracks, there is no career mode in the game and they plan to sell DLC bikes @ $3 a pop. I knew I should have stayed away from it and the more reviews and videos I saw only made things worse.

I think I am done with the racing genre all together.  :-\

BDSooner72

Traded MX/ATV for Virtua tennis 4. I am a sucker for tennis games.  :P

Jason

I thought VT 4 was for PS3 only. Let me know how it is when you get a chance to play it.

Brad Company

Quote from: brent on May 18, 2011 @ 09:59:25 PM
Traded MX/ATV for Virtua tennis 4. I am a sucker for tennis games.  :P

Let me know which of the two you prefer-or compare and contrast.

BDSooner72

If you are referring to both tennis games, I can say hands down Top Spin 4.  I am installing VT4 right now but I have seen enough videos to know which game I prefer.  That said one reason I get the VT games is that I can play at that net more, and play serve and volley.  Hard to do that in Top Spin and I prefer playing baseline to the net but it is nice to have a little change in gameplay.

Hope that is what you were asking for.

BDSooner72

Jason,

PM me your address, your Christmas gift comes early.  The only redeeming part of VT4 is the cameras and we had those last year. Of course they added some flair to the cameras, including a matrix style shot on a solid hit which can and should be turned off in the camera settings.  Playing as much Top Spin as I have it is impossible to get used to starting the swing before it is returned and letting go on the bounce.  It took me forever just to win one match on Normal level. Some have called it unresponsive but it really boils down to waiting to hit the button AFTER it has been returned. The graphics seem to have gone downhill each year and this is no exception. They did add what appears to be a bukkake shot at the end of long rallies, where they attempt to show players sweat but it looks more like an adult film you would find in Japan.

The bright side if that you do not dive like crazy, although you will dive on occasion.  The problem now is hitting big ol flop shots back at the opponent due to bad timing or playing too much of another tennis game which is actually good.

I think Top Spin 4 will keep me happy until Top Spin 5.

BDSooner72

With that out of the way back to LA Noire impressions.  Installing all three discs and tired from the trip back so it will probably be tomorrow night before I jump in.

Brad Company

Any post featuring bukkake = :))

Jason

If anyone reading this is not sure what bukkake is, do yourself a favor and DON'T google it. If you're a regular listener of Howard Stern though, you'll be more than familiar with it.

BDSooner72

If you have been on the internet for more than a year there is a good chance you have heard of it.  Seriously though it really does look like the players are covered like a glazed doughnut.  They really need to work on that technology.

So Jason do you want the game?  If not Brad is interested.  It is free, you just will owe me a favor worth the price of shipping it.

Jason

Quote from: brent on May 20, 2011 @ 04:27:02 PM

So Jason do you want the game?  If not Brad is interested.  It is free, you just will owe me a favor worth the price of shipping it.

Sorry, missed that the first time. Give it to Brad if he's interested in it too.

BDSooner72

No problem, Brad just PM me your address and I will send it out Monday.

Brad Company

PM sent. Thanks a bunch,man. :)

BDSooner72

Will send it out Monday.

by the way I just had to search and I was not alone when it came to the sweat.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2011/05/06/is-the-world-ready-for-virtua-tennis-4s-sweat-technology/

And all of these are preferable to the first thing I thought when I saw these white droplets spattered on my tennis player’s face. I think it’s best if I just leave that to your imagination rather than actually write the Japanese term, partly because I can never remember how many K’s are in that word.

Virtua Tennis 4 is out next week and aside from the really gross sweat technology, I’m pretty well won over.

http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rev/virtuatennis4review2.html

Visually, the biggest head-scratcher is the facial sweat. While good body sweat shows with drenched clothing clinging to the body, the obscenely large, whiteâ€"yeah, whiteâ€"beads of sweat on the characters' faces give the appearance that their skin is melting away.

I always heard that is was good for her skin, at least that is the line I always used.  ;) ;)

Okay no more bukkake and no more Virtua Tennis talk.   Back to semen free LA Noire.

BDSooner72

After an hour or so I have solved 5 of the 21 cases.  I am really liking it so far and enjoy how you utilize the clues found into the interrogation. I have screwed up a few time in the interrogation (you have the choices of truth, doubt and lie) and the last two can be hard to distinguish between. I tend to call everyone a liar and that has hurt my score a bit.   ;)   The driving in the game is interesting because you do not have a point to point guide to go between places and you have to use your partner to tell you when to turn or bring up the large map.  Shooting has been limited so far but is similar to RDR.  Mostly chase scenes on foot early on.

You can really bump up the difficulty in finding clues by removing the rumble (which comes on when you are near a clue) and there is music that plays during the search for clues that stops when you have found all clues.  I have turned the rumble off for my next mission to add some difficulty but leaving the music on as you really need a guide as to when you have all the clues.

So far no real complaints.