News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

L.A. Noire Thread

Started by BDSooner72, December 16, 2010 @ 02:29:32 PM

BDSooner72

BDSooner72

Trailer #2 we have a serial killer on our hands and a release date of May 17th!

A Killer's Motive Cinematic Trailer HD - L.A. Noire

BDSooner72

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1145578p1.html

There's a Serial Killer Loose in L.A. Noire

L.A. Noire's hero, Cole Phelps, is a hot up-and-coming new recruit to the LAPD. As he solves cases, he is quickly promoted from the traffic desk, to robbery and eventually up to homicide. And now we know that tied throughout all of this is the machinations of a serial killer and the severe corruption within the police department.

The latest trailer shows events from Phelps' time on the Homicide desk. "The more successful Phelps becomes as a detective, the more dangerous the world around him becomes," says Head of Team Bondi, Brendan McNamara, adding, "Including inside the LAPD."

Though we now have a look at the serial killer, McNamara cautions that "The story of LA Noire goes beyond simply catching one killer. There is a much larger story that will reveal itself as you move from desk to desk that deals with the corruption at the heart of Los Angeles in 1947."

BDSooner72

Oh sweet beautiful game, I want you right now.

New video from Rockstar which breaks down the gameplay.

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/videos/

BDSooner72

L.A. Noire "Investigation and Interrogation" Gameplay Video

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/videos/6731/

BDSooner72

From PAX

During a closed-door PAX East demonstration for members of the press, Rockstar showed off the majority of one homicide case entitled, The Red Lipstick Murder. Along with playing through almost the entirety of one of the game’s 23 main “assigned cases”, a rep for Rockstar revealed that it will take roughly 25-30 hours to complete the main story. On top of the main story, there are “unassigned cases” that help build the backstory of secondary characters. These side stories will freeze the main story until they are completed. Additionally, the game will support DLC cases, some of which have already been announced as pre-order exclusives to retailers â€" all of which will eventually be made available to everyone via the PlayStation Store.

BDSooner72

Anyone else picking this one up? I am teetering on buying it but agitated by all the exclusive DLC that should be on everyones disc from the get go. DLC should be content created after the game is released. Man I really hate this kind of thing.

I am going to be back in Lubbock for a few days and will be doing my annual spring cleaning of games. (a fond farewell to NCAA 11, NCAA BB, NHL 11 and Fifa 11).

Brad Company

I may Gamefly it...but it would be queued up behind Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 in the huge Single Player Games I Need To Start Much Less Finish line.I also need to finish RDR and God of War 3 and maybe start Uncharted 2. :))

L.A.s' inevitable descent into the bargain bin in 6 months also gives me pause.

Jason

If it's like RDR in LA, I might pick it up after it's on sale.

BDSooner72

Not exactly like RDR but there is some action. More of a open world crime solving game.

I have to say something nice about Gamestop, they gave me $79.00 for the 4 games I listed above (since it went toward LA Noire I got 25% added to each trade). Unfortuantely that would have left me with a credit so I went ahead and picked up MX/ATV Alive (sigh, which means I will end up buying DLC for it).

Brad,

As much time as you spend with COD, I have no clue how you find the time to start any game.  I have to pat myself on the back for beating both RDR and the Undead game. Last non-sports game I have completed since Soldier of Fortune on the PS2.  :))

3 Big ol discs to install when I get back.  Assuming you can do that with this game.

Brad Company

Yeah,if I could use the SPAS-12 w/suppressor to solve crimes in L.A. I might be more jazzed. :))

Jason

Brent, let me know what you think of it. The graphics look amazing, but I've heard there are some graphical issues with the Xbox 360 version.

BDSooner72

Yea I read that in the reviews. It is a port from the PS3 so it is to be expected.  Will play it on Friday when I get back.

BDSooner72

I did find this from a review, which is good since I plan to install all three discs.

With L.A. Noire coming out on the Xbox 360, expect some graphical glitches and hiccups but it can lessen via the data installation. For those who are looking for a smooth experience on the Xbox 360 version of L.A. Noire, installing the game’s data is the way to go. Installing all three discs will take up to 20GB of space as each of the discs are at 6.6GB. Following the successful data installation, players can notice that the game loads faster, lessen the in-game graphics pop-up and the screen tearing.