News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

MLB 2K12 Info

Started by Jason, February 05, 2012 @ 03:29:03 PM

Jason

Quote from: webdanzer on March 12, 2012 @ 10:26:11 AM
I will say I'm not looking forward to playing with Kuroda's slow-ass delivery every 5 games!

Ha. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't stand that either.

Jason

Michael Pineda is a stud in this game and thankfully so, because I can't seem to score more than 2 runs a game.

BTW, the more I play this year's game, the more improvements I see over last year's game. I'm really loving the hit variety and I'm seeing a lot of realistic errors and bobbles made in the field. That alone makes the game seem so much more realistic. The pitcher/batter duels are much better this year too with all of the fouled-off pitches. I find myself (both batting and pitching) going deep into the count on many at-bats.

Ted

I miss Pineda.  I hope we (Seattle) get some good production from Montero.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on March 20, 2012 @ 10:55:59 AM
I miss Pineda.  I hope we (Seattle) get some good production from Montero.

You'll get plenty of offense from Montero - just not much defense.

Ted

Yeah, the Mariner blogs all seem to know that going in.  I think he's the short term solution at catcher and their long term hope at DH.

Jason

Ronnie 2K via Twitter:

Patch has been submitted to first parties. Should be out on in 10-14 days as long as it's not bounced back

Jason

MLB 2K12 Update v 1.2 will be coming to the XBOX 360 and PS3 in the next 24 hours.

General

• Hid the Upload options when not signed in.
  • Pitcher fatigue is properly set when loading back into a previously saved game.
  • Fixed problems where screenshots were corrupted prior to uploading to 2k Share.
MLB Today & MLB Today Season

• Fixed crash in MLB Today based on schedule updates
  • Fixed crash when restoring default roster.
  • Fixed to properly use the date/time from the schedule to determine time of day for the game.
Gameplay

• Fixed the rate on bad swing reactions, which was sometimes nearly 2x while player took several steps on camera
  • Improved the look of gathers in certain uncommon situations.
  • Fixed the "auto pitch" bug after a double switch.
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when making decisions to advance and retreat with a ball in play.
  • Improved the playability of rundown throws. Previously they were too hard due to the fill speed of the throwing meter
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when tagging up and launching from a base.
  • Improved the player’s paths when leaving the field and heading back to the dugouts.
  • Added code that helps eliminate errant check swings and throws to incorrect bases. Mostly for PS3 and PC users.

• Added a missing pause timer in the pitcher substitution menu.
  • Improved the outfielder reaction for online games. Users won’t miss balls that should be caught due to slow reaction times.
  • Adjusted pitch speed slider settings for ALLSTAR and LEGEND difficulty levels.  This increases the difficulty for online gameplay.
  • Fixed exchange of team rival information to eliminate a divergence.
  • Exchanged inside edge data prior to franchise invite games to fix a divergence.
My Player

• Fixed bug where game length could be set to 3 innings by setting it in Play Ball.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when looking for season goals.
  • Fixed a bug with career messages not properly adding when the list is full. This issue led to a crash on PS3.
  • Fixed a bug where a pitch speed would decrease after completing a drill reward.
  • Fixed a bug where off-speed pitches decrease in speed after receiving an award from a drill.

Jason

I'm glad they worked on the base running, but I wished they worked on eliminating the occasional stuttering during gameplay.

Jason

Demo was released for the Xbox 360 today. The base running has been improved, but there's still that half-a-second stutter before the outfielders get to the ball on certain plays/