News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

MLB 2K12 Info

Started by Jason, February 05, 2012 @ 03:29:03 PM

Jason

I remembered you played mostly on the PC right after I posted that.

Jason

Demo is coming out this Tuesday (2/28).

Ted

Jason

I can't believe this game comes out a week from tomorrow. I hope the demo impresses me.

BDSooner72

$10 credit for ordering MLB2K12 or the MLB/NBA Combo Pack from Amazon.

Jason

I just pre-ordered my copy. The more I played the demo, the more impressed I became. It's not a huge leap from 2K11, but I didn't think it needed to be.

BDSooner72

From OS

Just got my April issue in the mail and they have a nice little review, giving 2K12 an 8.0

Here's the summary:
+ Strong fundamentals in all core aspects of the game
+ Numerous tweaks make for more pleasing extended play
- Still needs visual work and fewer fielding flubs
? Will MLB 2K remain the 360's only baseball game next season?

Jason

Brad Company

You do kind of have to look the other way with 2K baseballs' weird animations and faces.

Jason

Last year's game wasn't well received and I loved it, so I'm not too worried about all the 2k12 reviews this year. I understand there's always room for improvement in any game, but I also understand that they're video games and not reality.

Jason

Enjoyed my first 3 games with 2K12. There was 3mb update available today that supposedly fixed some framerate issues. I didn't play the retail game before the patch was released, so I can't say for sure. What I can say is that the framerate issues in demo are almost non-existent in the retail game. Changing the fielding camera from "Dynamic" to "Middle" got rid of some of the remaining hiccups too.

Fielding is also much better in retail game. In the demo, it felt like the infielders took too long to gather up the ball and then threw a bullet for the out. Everything seems much more fluid and better-paced in the retail game. Even the outfielders hustle to the ball, unlike the demo where they'd trot to the ball and then make a last-second catch.

I'm definitely seeing much better hit variety than any other MLB 2K game and possibly any baseball video game. The hit variety was one of the reasons I decided to buy this year's game and so far it hasn't disappointed. It's also nice not hitting a soft-liner out at least once an inning. Timing also seems to really factor into where and how the hard the ball goes - much more so than previous years.

Most of the comments talk about MLB 2K not being a pretty game, but I think this year's game looks very good. Maybe it's because I've never played "The Show" on PS3, but I don't have any issue with the graphics and actually think the stadiums look exceptionally good this year. The additional animations also help the look of the game.

I wasn't blown away by the demo and almost considered skipping 2K12, but now I'm glad I didn't.

Jason

Am I the only one with 2K12 here?

Ted

It showed up on Steam yesterday which was a surprise since 11 took months to show up.  But in answer to your question I think you probably are.

webdanzer

Hi Jason,

I picked it up yesterday after fooling around with a Redbox rental for a couple of days.

I do enjoy the Show more, but I liked the 2k offering enough to grab it as well.  I'm way down on the number of sports titles and full priced games I am buying lately, but I'm still enough of a baseball nut to own both titles! :)

Neither game has the pitching I want, still, but I find 2k12's system to be more engaging.  I'm not at a point where I want to be with sliders, yet, but I've been pretty happy with what I was able to tweak out of previous games in the series, so I'm not too concerned yet.

I will say I'm not looking forward to playing with Kuroda's slow-ass delivery every 5 games!