News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

MLB 2K12 Info

Started by Jason, February 05, 2012 @ 03:29:03 PM

Jason

Feature List

•MLB Today Season Mode
For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB season AS IT UNFOLDS. Take charge of your favorite team and see how you stack up against the rest of the league over the course of a six month-long season.

•Dynamic Tendency System
Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds.

•New Throw Meter
A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation every time you make a play. Will you queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy?

•Improved My Player Mode
Want to be the next All-Star slugger or ace starter? All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors. Goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type.

•Soundtrack
Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more.

Jason

Not much of a feature list, but I was pretty satisfied with what 2K11 had already. Hopefully they improve the graphics and gameplay while not introducing too many new bugs. If they do that only, I'd be happy.

BDSooner72

Well I hope it plays well because it will probably be the last MLB game from 2ksports. EA is just chomping at the bit to get back into the MLB console game.

Brad Company

That Spin magazine approved soundtrack has got me ready to pre-order.

Ted

Quote from: Brad Company on February 07, 2012 @ 12:26:59 AM
That Spin magazine approved soundtrack has got me ready to pre-order.

I was thinking the same thing.

Jason

So, I guess everyone is buying it then ;)

BDSooner72

removed for Ted

Jason

Pulse Pitching is a cheap imitation of MLB 2K's analog pitching.

Ted

I played the hell out of The Show 2012 and I don't think it's much better on the field.  And I thought really really sucked in franchise mode compared to 2k and 2k is just a tad above stinky.

I realize that it all comes down to preference, but the way people beam about The Show is akin to "drinkin' the Koolaid" to me.  I just don't see it.  The two games are pretty much on par with both having their own strengths and weaknesses.

BDSooner72

The only area I thought 2K was better last year was in the announcing and they do a damn fine job there.  Of course my copy of MLB The Show 2012 is still pre-ordered, so unlike yourself, "who has played the hell out of it" my impressions are limited to a few videos.

P.S. Always hated the term "drinking the Koolaid."  They drank Flavor Aid at Jonestown but what the heck, I enjoy The Show so I wrote down to pick up some Koolaid on the grocery list.  ::)

Ted

Quote from: Brent on February 08, 2012 @ 07:27:21 PM
The only area I thought 2K was better last year was in the announcing and they do a damn fine job there.  Of course my copy of MLB The Show 2012 is still pre-ordered, so unlike yourself, "who has played the hell out of it" my impressions are limited to a few videos.

P.S. Always hated the term "drinking the Koolaid."  They drank Flavor Aid at Jonestown but what the heck, I enjoy The Show so I wrote down to pick up some Koolaid on the grocery list.  ::)

Excuse the typo.  2011 then.

While we are nitpicking do you mind keeping The Show PR bullshit out of the 2k thread?  I've always hated it when people hijack threads with their preferred game.

Jason

2K just released their typical, non-gameplay trailer:

MLB 2K12 - Official Trailer

Ted

I'm really thinking of skipping this year.  I found a major problem with the batting in 2k11 that forced me to use a house rule or go back to 2k10.  Besides the league is going to change in 2013 so unless they allow for custom leagues in this version it will make long term franchises kind of moot.

Jason

I'd like to say that I'm going to skip this year's game because there was nothing that bothered me in 2K11, but I know I'll cave in and buy it. I'll justify the purchase because I'll be able to apply my $10 credit from Grand Slam Tennis and also get another $10 credit from buying MLB 2k12.

Ted, have you considered the new combo-pack of MLB 2K12 and NBA 2K12 for $69.99? That's a nice deal if you don't already own NBA 2K12.

Ted

You know that is a nice deal.  The thing is I play 2k baseball on my PC now and not on the console.  Steam sells both baseball and basketball and at full price it's cheaper than that deal although baseball usually is only available a couple of months after the console and boxed PC release.  Then within a few months they both go on sale for less than 20 bucks.  I'm just afraid I would only play 5 games of basketball because I just don't get into that game very much.