News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available

Started by Jason, December 21, 2011 @ 11:39:42 AM

Jason

EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis 2 Preview

The controls sound interesting. I may download this demo to see how it plays.

Jason

BDSooner72

Probably found a Jesus McEnroe type glitch in the demo.

Jason

BDSooner72

It's not like some random employee at EA releases the demo, plus it has to pass QA at MS before going up.  Smells fishy but I need a new tennis game so I was glad to hear it is coming out in February.  They have had plenty of time to make a tennis game for the 360 and PS3.

Jason

Has any other company released a demo 2 months before the game was released? I find it strange that EA released the demo this early.

BDSooner72

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HGbXMc-r6jI#!

Video from a guy who downloaded the demo and kindly captured 13 minutes of it.  It looks okay and it is nice to hear actual announcing in a tennis match.  Unfortunately the tennis does not look all that great.  A few nets hit and a rare unforced error and that was it.  Did not watch the whole thing but the guy who posted the video had this to say.

It's not realistic, 99% of the shots go inside, it's almost impossible to fail a shot. Virtua Tennis 3 is at least a fantastic arcade game, i don't know what GST2 is, as a simulator its a joke, as an arcade its incredibly boring.

Maybe they threw out a demo on easy? No mention of settings but one Virtua Tennis is already one too many arcade games on the market the way they have bastardized that game.  You can make a game do both guys.  Might have to buy Top Spin 4 again if this is the best EA can do.

Jason

Jason

BDSooner72

Jason

Amazon is now offering a $10 credit with the purchase of this game.

BDSooner72

Yes, I always appreciate that Amazon offers these for existing pre-orders.   They also have a $10 credit for Tiger Woods (I have the collectors edition preordered) and SSX.

Jason