News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Playstation 3D display

Started by Ted, December 15, 2011 @ 02:22:02 AM

Ted

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3D-display-3/dp/B0050SZ49Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323894810&sr=8-1

Anyone try or know anyone who has one of these?  I'm tempted to replace my Dell 24" monitor with this for use with my PC and a PS3 as well.

BDSooner72

---http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432793&page=10---

Some replies in the last few pages in the thread on the TV.  The fact it has no TV Tuner and is only a display would be a big turn-off for me. You can hook it up to a cable box, but no OTA.

Ted

I saw that about the no tuner, but for my applications it isn't an issue.  (PC, PS3, DVD, Netflix)

Jason

Looks interesting but I'm reading mixed things about using it for things other than a PS3. Here's a response from Sony to someone asking about the 3D capabilities with a PC:

Response from Sony support:

"The 3D Display can definitely be used with personal computers as a computer monitor, however we'll need to refer you to your PC support and the manufacturer of your video card for specific information on settings that need to be adjusted in order for the 3D resolution to be compatible with your set up. The reason we are referring you is because there are so many different computer systems out there and we have only been trained for support on PlayStation® products. We will not be able to inform you on the specifics of your personal computer and I am very sorry for any inconvenience this causes you today."

In other words, they're not supporting PCs. Based on this response, and the intermittent resetting I've experienced in 2D mode, I removed the second star. I hope others have better luck than I did.

Ted

Are they talking about getting 3D to work on the PC or just getting the monitor working with the PC like a standard monitor?  Because I'm not really trying to do 3D PC.

Jason

I assumed getting 3D to work for the PC.

Jason

Ted