News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Anyone playing Skyrim?

Started by BDSooner72, December 09, 2011 @ 05:10:36 PM

BDSooner72

Slumberland

I always wondered how melee characters dealt with dragons, and now I know it's by BEATING ITS HEAD ABOUT WITH A TWO-HANDED HAMMER.

Fun.

BDSooner72

I used to use magic but once you get a descent sword, in my case one handed, bashing is the way to go. Daedric sword with just under 400 damage only takes two to three hits.

BDSooner72

Dawnguard available now for 360.  1600 points   581.70MB.

Downloading now!  :)

BDSooner72

Looks like I shall hang up Skyrim.  Once you get to level 81 the load times are just awful and it took me going back to playing the DLC as a reminder (had gone a few months w/o playing it).  Could care less about Vampires and Werewolves and it was probably a waste of $20 but for the 300+ hours I put into this game I really cant complain.

BDSooner72

Ted

Are you going to cook pastry tarts in the oven with your muscle bound freak like that other muscle bound freak in the video?

BDSooner72

Nope, going to use my lesbian character, Olivia The Wilde (and she looks exactly like her)who has a wife to do all the cooking for her.

BDSooner72

I must say that the latest DLC Dragonborn has been a terrific purchase.  While I moderately enjoyed the previous DLCs, this one shines in every place except for actually riding a dragon, which is not enjoyable. Outside of that downer and the inability to use the spears, everything else is a blast.  Just FYI there are two more DLC's coming and will add in a spear skill set and the ability to reset you skill points.

Back to Dragonborn, there area ton of new enemies, new Dragur and even a few new annoying spiders.  A few of the puzzles are even fun and require a little thought to them. I came into it with a level 81 character and a heads up as many of the new enemies you run into in the South and when you read the black books are much tougher than those on Skyrim.  The are a ton of places to go and quests to conquer and a little twist here and there.  I have put well over 10 hours in and while I finished the main part there is still another 10+ hours worth of things to do.

Also if you have a level 81 character there is a Black Knight who challenges you to a final fight in Skyrim and this one is the toughest character I faced. Went through at least 6 ultimate healing potions just to defeat him.

BDSooner72

Just found out one of the Black Books lets you clear your skill points for each skill. Real handy for someone wanting to switch things up.