News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Anyone playing Skyrim?

Started by BDSooner72, December 09, 2011 @ 05:10:36 PM

BDSooner72

I just figured out that you can find out how many hours you have played by highlighting a save file (have no clue how I missed that).  Just over 95 hours on this character.  I would imagine at least 75 on the first one.  Bugs and all, safe to say I got my moneys worth with this game.

BDSooner72

I have never fully completed a game with all the achievements/trophies until now.  1000 gamerscore on Skyrim complete!!!  Only took a few hundred hours but it was worth it and this is from someone who could care less about such things. Damn you Bethesda for making the Deadric Quest Achievement so easy to miss and forcing a person to restart with a new character.

Brad Company

You doing another play-through or are you hanging up your sword?

BDSooner72

I am going to finish off all the missions with this character and clear each cave but at a slower pace and take the time to play some of my other games. Will be first in line for the DLC when it hits.

i wish I could go back and play Oblivion for the story but it is just so outdated in comparison, especially in terms of combatc I could probably live with the graphics.

Did you ever purchase the game Brad?

Brad Company

Not yet, but the price is getting to be right now. With no multiplayer, I may just get it on PS3.
Evidently, the last patch helped the memory leak issues.

BDSooner72

Only advantage (with the PS3 getting fixed)  to getting the 360 version is the first two DLC's are timed exclusives. I doubt that will affect you as you will just be digging into the game but just an FYI nonetheless.

Slumberland

I put 80 hours into my first character and am going to let her rest for a while, but I created a new two-handed bruiser and will side with the rebellion this time. Funny how right from the outset I'm finding different stuff than my first go-through. Plus I know what people are talking about now. Why on earth would I have sided with the empire that first time? That General Tigh was psyched to kill me and then before I knew it I was gleefully working for him. But the characters just didn't sink in that first time, I had little idea who was who. Now I'm sort of starstruck... wow, Ulfric Stormcloak's sitting next to me in this cart!

BDSooner72

Problem with Ulfric is he is kinda a dick and a wee bit racist. I overlook his racist rants and just fight with the Stormcloaks to keep The Thalmor out of Skyrim.

Talos be Praised!   ;)

BDSooner72

First DLC info tomorrow, unfortunately it will only be a small tidbit of info.

Also for those with a Kinect here is a PDF file with all the commands that can be used when the patch hits tomorrow.

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/akqacms/files/tes/extras/skyrim-kinect-voice-commands.pdf

I had to laugh a bit at the whole speak in English/Dragon options.

To speak in English do not press RB
To speak in Dragon press RB
To speak in Spanish as a Dragon...  ;)

BDSooner72

Slumberland

I am playing again with a two-handed weapon and lightning slinging bruiser of a Breton. Planning to join the Stormcloak rebellion this time, put the kabosh on the Dark Brotherhood, only carry what I'm wearing at a given moment and avoid fast travel. Sort of a streamlined run with more role-playing. It's still fun!

BDSooner72

I always wanted to try playing without fast travel but there is way too much having to go back and forth to the same place in much of the storyline.

Skyrim DLC Dawnguard video

"Dawnguard will be available for download for 1600 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE this summer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UHGyY3yHVw#ws

Slumberland

Quote from: Brent on May 31, 2012 @ 03:19:04 PM
I always wanted to try playing without fast travel but there is way too much having to go back and forth to the same place in much of the storyline.

I want to feel that drudgery!  We'll see how it goes.

I also realize I'd already posted much of my last post at an earlier date. But hey, I got some time in last night and was excited.

Dawnguard... I don't know. I like crossbows but vampires not so much. I guess I'll hunt them.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Slumberland on May 31, 2012 @ 03:39:13 PM
Dawnguard... I don't know. I like crossbows but vampires not so much. I guess I'll hunt them.

Same here, that said it is more Skyrim and that is fine by me.  t::u