News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Anyone playing Skyrim?

Started by BDSooner72, December 09, 2011 @ 05:10:36 PM

BDSooner72

Man I am seriously hooked on this game.  I was so-so with Oblivion but Skyrim has been a vast improvement for me. The combat is still a bit janky but an improvement.

Ted

I couldn't get into Oblivion, but I am playing Skyrim.  I like the world better.  I like the combat better, although I do agree it is still not great.  I doubt I will get really far into it, but it is a nice getaway a couple nights a week.

BDSooner72

Sign me up for some DLC. I just finished the main quest and while I still have plenty of quests and misc quests, I just can't get enough of this game.

Ted

B, what kind of character did you play?  I picture you as a straight up melee guy.

BDSooner72

Nord - Focus on One Hand, Light Armor (currently Glass) with an emphasis on smithing and lockpicking.  I use magic pretty often, especially with dragons but the main focus was building a strong one handed sword (glass) and armor.  Working on getting smithing to 100 so I can get the Dragon armor.

BDSooner72

What kind of character are you going with Ted?   

Also forgot to mention that for the first time in my life I got married, sure she is in a video game but she gives me 100 gold a day and a free meal.  ^-^

Ted

:))  I'm an ORC!  Started off 2 handed and now am doing a little dabbling with bows and with magic.  I don't really have a focus right now.

BDSooner72

So do other characters become "Dragonborn?" or is that left simply for Nords.  That is what is so amazing about the game is there are so many different factions that you can join. For me it was between the Imperials and the Stormcloaks.  I ended up going with the Imperials even though they did try to execute me. Did not care for the Jarl in charge of the Stormcloaks.

There is not a spoiler tag but this is early on and should not really give anything away but shows how detailed this game is.  When you head out for the Golden Claw you pass a house with an old lady, which seems innocent enough.  Well something just seemed odd so I killed here and found a basement in the house and come to find out she is actually a witch.  Upon further examination she has a sister, which I figured would come back to haunt me.  So after I slay the first dragon and head back to tell of my victory I get randomly attacked by hunters.  After taking care of the three hunters in one of the searches I find a letter, a bounty on me from the sister of the witch I killed.

Ted

Yes, I am dragonborn.  I think that is the main line of the game so everyone is.

BDSooner72

Patch is up

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

General stability improvements
    Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
    Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
    Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
    Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
    Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
    Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

Slumberland

I'm rocking a female Nord, specializing in archery, sneak, and lockpicking. I love the THUNK of an arrow shot from the shadows and hitting flesh (for bonus damage!).

BDSooner72

For the Nords!

I think by the time it is said and done I will have at least 200 hours into this game before I am done with it. I just love finding new caves and pillaging. Joined the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and I got a dog.  Dogs are great as they can't die and enemies seem to focus on it instead.

Currently at level 35 with a 100 in smithing and block.  Getting ready to build some sweet Dragon armor but I really like the glass so I might just store it in the house.

Slumberland

Oh wait, did I say Nord? I mean Imperial. Nords are racists.

Long live the empire!

BDSooner72

BDSooner72

Should I be concerned that every time I go to my house I find my wife using the Alchemy table?  ;D  I think I am going to pass on her home cooked meals.