News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Dirt 3 Video

Started by Ted, October 17, 2011 @ 01:20:37 PM

Ted

This guy (Jaggyroad) has done many many excellent flight sim videos, but now he has done one for Dirt 3 and it's pretty special.  He's been paid by flight sim developers to develop promotional videos for their products.  I think he should probably be on the payroll of all video game game developers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=587fIYdyhjQ

Jason

If he was trying to get me to want to buy Dirt 3, he succeeded.

GB_Simo

Superb.  I only wish I liked the game as much as I liked this video.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

Just saw that Dirt 3: Complete Edition is coming out on March 20th for only $40.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on March 08, 2012 @ 11:11:18 PM
Just saw that Dirt 3: Complete Edition is coming out on March 20th for only $40.

This is another one I'm very interested in. I loved Dirt 2, but was hoping for a demo of Dirt 3 before I bought it.

GB_Simo

Am I to assume, then, that I paid 40 quid for Dirt 3: Half-Arsed Edition last year?

It seemed to split opinion but I'm firmly in the camp that reckons Dirt 2 was better.  Various reasons for this, including the following:

• For all that being called "Heyadam" got very old very fast, it's much, much better than having Christian Stevenson urging me to upload every bloody replay to "Yootoob", whatever that might be.  Delivered properly, it sounds like an insult - "Christian, you tube."
  • The career structure in Dirt 2 was better and made rather more sense.
  • Half of Dirt 3's races take place on snow.  It might even be more than that.  There's much less location variety than there was in Dirt 2.
  • Apparently there's more pure rallying in this game than in any other Dirt title.  I've never found it, nor have I figured out what their measurement is based on.  There's hardly a rally stage in the game over 2 minutes long.
  • The gymkhana.  Sweet merciful Mary McGillycuddy, the gymkhana.

Your mileage may vary and if you liked Dirt 2, you're certainly not going to hate Dirt 3.  You just won't necessarily think it's any kind of advancement.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

Adam, my wife thanks you for saving us $40.

webdanzer

Quote from: GB_Simo on March 12, 2012 @ 08:46:34 PM
Am I to assume, then, that I paid 40 quid for Dirt 3: Half-Arsed Edition last year?

It seemed to split opinion but I'm firmly in the camp that reckons Dirt 2 was better. 

Yeah, that pisses me off too.  And I actually liked 1>2>3.