News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

EA's Sports Season Ticket

Started by Jason, August 02, 2011 @ 02:50:26 PM

Jason

Today EA Sports announced the ‘Season Ticket’ â€" a yearly subscription plan that will be sold for $25/2000 MS points. The four primary benefits of the service are as follows: 

•Early Full-Game Digital Access
Three days before a game's scheduled release, fans will be able to download and play the full version of all five participating titles on Xbox 360 and PS3. The digitally downloaded game will time out when the game is available at retail and consumers have the option to purchase the same full game on disc at retail. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers can transfer all achievements earned during the three-day download period to the purchased disc, resulting in an early edge over the competition.

•Discounted Downloadable Content
Subscribers will get a 20-percent discount on all available downloadable content for participating EA SPORTS titles. Downloadable content, which enhances and refreshes the core game experience, includes such items as Ultimate Team packs, accelerator packs and gear upgrades.

•Free Premium Web Content
Premium web content extends the game experience beyond the console to a web browser. All participating titles will feature premium web content that will be free to EA SPORTS Season Ticket members beginning with the premium Creation Center packs for FIFA. These packs provide a deeper set of customization tools and abilities within Creation Center to build your own teams and tournaments, and will be available to the consumer until the membership to the program has expired.

•Membership Recognition
Subscribers are easily identifiable with an exclusive membership recognition badge displayed both in-game and on their EASPORTS.com profile.

Jason

What a joke. I hope this thing is a massive failure. The only interesting thing is the early game access and even that's not worth the extra money.

Ted

Depending on what it is the free premium web content thing might be interesting too.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on August 02, 2011 @ 02:52:18 PM
What a joke. I hope this thing is a massive failure. The only interesting thing is the early game access and even that's not worth the extra money.

Since it costs EA almost nothing to implement,I'm guessing it will be around for a while.
A whole 20% off of DLC is mighty generous,though  rt::l

Jason

I'm curious to see the initial sales numbers. Everyday it becomes more apparent that this may be my last generation of consoles....although I've said that before.

webdanzer

Quote from: Jason on August 10, 2011 @ 08:19:36 AM
Everyday it becomes more apparent that this may be my last generation of consoles....

I'm starting to feel this way too.

Ted

will you guys move to PC?  Or are you just like me and have no time for gaming anymore?

Jason

I don't know if I'd move to PC, but I can see myself still playing my Xbox 360 for quite some time. Mike's still having plenty of fun with High Heat and that game is over 6 years old and on a last-gen console.

Ted, what's taking up all your time, work?

If it weren't for the NASCAR patch and NCAA Football, I wouldn't be doing much gaming myself.

Brad Company

For me, online shooters are what saved gaming.
I have little patience or temperament for playing a cpu in stick and ball sports games,anymore.