News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Fight Night Champion Info

Started by Jason, December 07, 2010 @ 01:28:54 PM

Jason

The retail game has a simulation mode where all the cinematic crap is disabled, so there's no big booms, flashes during counter punches or screen effects when you're hurt. It makes the game MUCH more enjoyable.

Ted

Jason

I have to admit that I'm enjoying the retail game much more than the demo. One thing that prevents you from just going in and slugging is the one-punch knockout. I've gotten overly aggressive a few times and wound up on my ass because of it.

Jason

I can admit when I'm wrong and my initial negative reaction to full spectrum punch control may have been wrong. After some time with the game, I'm really enjoying the new controls. I had some doubts about my purchase, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the game. I'm getting ready to start my career soon.

Jason

FNC Blog

I just wanted to start off with a huge thanks to our rabid fighting & gaming community for their constant feedback on the official Fight Night Champion Forums.  The developers have been reading the feedback non-stop and working on getting out the first Title Update to coincide with the DLC package set to launch at the same time.
We are still looking at locking down the exact release date and we’ll be sure to share that with you once that has been determined.

Do note, however, that we’ll be revealing all the DLC details this Friday during our Live Chat from 4-5PM PST.  Click this link and enter your email to remind yourself to join us for Friday’s DLC Reveal:  http://www.ea.com/fight-night/1/chat

As far as the Title Update is concerned, based on feedback from the community, here are some of the following adjustments that will be made:

Punch Accuracy Reduction:  Overall accuracy will be reduced and accuracy tracking a moving target will be reduced. Users will notice lower connect percentages and a better ability to use head movement defensively.

Hit Reactions Intensity Increased:  Bigger hit reactions across the board and increased punch offsetting â€" i.e. punches thrown off target when a boxer is hit in the act of punching.

Combination Punching Adjustments: Bigger difference in combination speed between boxers with low and high Combination Skill rating.

Improved Weave Input Detection:  Reduced the instance of weaves happening unintentionally.

Health Loss Adjustment:  Regular punches do more damage and combination punching is more effective.

Stamina Recovery Adjustment:  Less stamina recovered between rounds.

Perfect Block Counter Window Disabled:  Pending simultaneous release of Tuner Set.

Opponent Counter Freeze:  Fixed a bug where the a Perfect Block would sometimes freeze the opponent’s inputs.

Late Guard:  Fixed a bug where the guard went back up late if you threw more than one punch out of the block.

Please note that we are investigating pushing out a Tuner Set at the same time as the TU along with further game improvements, so please continue to provide your feedback in our forums.  We hope that you’ll be pleased with the hard work the team is putting in post-launch.  Thanks!

Jason

I don't give two shits about the DLC, I just hope the patch and tuner update come out on the 29th too.

Jason

The patch is out for PS3 users. I'm going to check if the XB360 patch is also available when I get home.

Jason

"We are wrapping things up with Title Update #2. When we have a specific release date, you will obviously be the first to know. Couple things I can tell you...
  • One Punch KOs are working again.
  • OWC has been balanced so that new CABs aren't at such a disadvantage when they start out.
  • OWC has new match-up logic to favor match-ups between boxers with similar OVR ratings.
  • Numerous factors have been tweaked to reduce the effectiveness of jab-spamming, especially to the body.
  • Stamina loss is greater when moving backwards (most noticable over multiple rounds).
  • Having your back to the ropes/in the corner has a bigger impact on movement speed.
  • Max Stamina Loss/Recovery overall has been adjusted.
  • Some previous patch/tuner-set changes have been rolled back for Offline gameplay.
  • Weave sensitivity has been much improved.
  • A variety of other bugs have been fixed.
We've been playing it as much as we can, trying to fight like different types of a-holes/jerks to grief each other with very little success. We look forward to getting it in your hands as soon as we can and hopefully you can all have fun beating some cheesy spammers down too."

Jason

Dev Team Update June 23rd, 2011

Just wanted to provide the community with the latest details on the upcoming 2nd Title Update set to be released June 28th barring any issues with Sony/MS. To prepare for the TU, it was necessary to make some changes which included rolling back some of the tuning changes made has affected online play which some of you have noted in the GD forums. Please note that this will change again on June 28th with the TU with some of the tuning changes that previously existed that will now be a part of next week's update.

Here's what you can look forward to with next week's Title Update:

Fixed One-Punch Knockouts
• Pretty self-explanatory this one. One punch KOs are happening again.

Health and Knockdowns
• Boxers with low health can now be knocked down without automatically entering the “critical health” stun state.
• Cumulative punching can, in effect, cause knockdowns without being so predictable.

Locomotion Updates
• Boxers can now move forwards with their guard up as fast as opponents can move backwards with their guard down
• Movement speed near the ropes or corners is affected. Makes it more difficult to consistently run throughout the course of a fight.
• Weave input sensitivity has been improved.

Stamina Updates
• Long term stamina loss for moving backwards is significantly higher than stamina loss for moving forwards.
• Short term stamina loss for throwing several punches is more significant.
• The effect of low stamina on boxer power and toughness is more significant. When a boxer’s stamina bar is low, they are weaker and more susceptible to damage than before.
• Stamina loss for high output punchers is more significant overall.

Hit Reactions
• Tweaked hit reaction strength such that punches to the body do not offset opponent punches as drastically.
• Reduces the instance of what some users felt were, “forced misses”.

Judges Scoring
• Judging logic tweaked to favor clean, effective punching more than previously.
• In general, most judges will favor the boxer who lands fewer, more significant punches over the boxer who lands higher numbers of less significant punches.
• Big punches and stuns have a bigger chance of swinging a round in favor of a boxer.

Legacy Mode
• Fixed issue where game would sometimes hang when attempting to import created fighters into Legacy Mode.
• Alternate Weight Class DLC boxers can be imported into Legacy Mode. So can George Foreman.

Fixed the Online Leaderboards Cheat

OWC Match-Up Logic
• Prioritizes match-ups been boxers with similar OVR ratings.
• Matchups between boxers with too large a difference in OVR will not be made (no more hunting for easy fights).
• OWC Boxer Ratings have been balanced so that new boxers aren’t at as big a disadvantage starting out.

Offline Gameplay
• Rolled back a subset of previous tunerset updates that were adversely affecting offline gameplay difficulty.
• Improved the effect of Offline Gameplay Sliders for Punch Accuracy and Punch Output (as much as possible).

Again, thanks for everyone's patience as the team works to improve the game and we hope you will be pleased with the update next week.

Ted

Are you still playing this one?

Jason

Quote from: Ted on June 24, 2011 @ 12:55:33 AM
Are you still playing this one?
I've been holding off on this and NASCAR 2011 until the patches were released. I'm looking forward to playing this again on Tuesday.

Jason

Dev Team Update September 7th, 2011

Fight Night Champion â€" Tuning Update

With the release of the latest Tuner Set, the following updates have been made to gameplay in Fight Night Champion.

1. Facial damage has been increased. Swelling, cuts and bleeding are more prevalent and damage now has a bigger impact on fights â€" PROTECT YOURSELF.

2. Judges Scoring has been tweaked to address some scoring irregularities noticed by community members.

3. Stamina loss has been tweaked slightly overall in response to community feedback â€" increased for some actions and decreased for others.

4. Stamina loss for offline CPU opponents has been corrected. CPU stamina loss is now more equivalent to user stamina loss.

Ted

I never did get this.  I probably should.

Jason