News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NASCAR The Game 2011 Info

Started by Jason, December 21, 2010 @ 08:38:54 PM

Jason

Enjoying this one so far. Great graphics, excellent controls (even with the controller) and absolutely no slowdown at all. This is the first NASCAR game that gives a good sense of speed too. I've heard online is a little buggy right now, but I'm enjoying the offline so far. This was one of my most-anticipated games and it hasn't disappointed so far.

GB_Simo

Apparently the offline is quite a lot buggy too, Jason.  I'm not going to go into depth because you've probably seen that feedback too and I'm not going to make you go looking for things if not, but are you seeing any odd behaviour anywhere?  I have been told, in very strong terms, not to bother importing this one, so any further input would be greatly appreciated.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

I haven't played it enough to give any credible feedback, but I can say that the car handling is excellent, even with a controller. I plan on trying it out with my Microsoft wheel this weekend and have high hopes. The good news is that Eutechnyx is planning to fix any outstanding issues: NASCAR The Game - Moving Forward

GB_Simo

Bloody Hell.  That's quite a list of issues.  Someone, somewhere during the playtesting process must have noticed AI cars bunching on corner exit and slowing down for no reason.  Someone, somewhere at Eutechnyx or, more likely, Activision must have said "Release it like that, we'll sort it later..."

Terry Crouch has shelved the game until it's patched, which is alarming because Terry has found at least some reason to keep playing every racing game you could possibly name.  From what I can make out, though, it sounds like there's a very, very good game in there, though it might be hidden for the time being.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

Here's what they plan on fixing in patch #2:

Bugs:

• Fix lack of Caution Flags - To Be Fixed
  • Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - To Be Fixed
  • Reconfigure the damage to improve the look and add more debris on impact - To Be Fixed
  • Fix Cautions Lights being illuminated all of the time - To Be Fixed
  • Improve the PS3 voice comms - To Be Fixed
  • Fix the Rolling Starts Online/Offline so the cars begin in the correct formation and together - To Be Fixed
  • Fix the instant wrecking during Online Rolling Starts - To Be Fixed
  • Fix the Lobby Race Start Counter freezing - To Be Fixed
  • Fix Spotter saying “Clear” too often - To Be Fixed
  • Improve general stability and freezing issues - To Be Fixed
Improvements:

• Change the Gas indicator so it defaults to full in the pit stop interface - To Be Fixed
  • Draft effect both on the car and visual to be tweaked - To Be Fixed
  • In Private games, the host will start the timer when they are ready - To Be Fixed
  • Add support for the  Porsche GT2 wheel - To Be Added
  • Add support for the T500 wheel - To Be Added
  • Allow the HUD to be completely turned off - To Be Added
  • Free up the A.I. cars so that when they are hit by a player they will get loose - To Be Fixed
  • Ensure only Carl Edwards performs a back flip - To Be Fixed
  • Add the ability to change your Online Car - To Be Added
Investigating:

• A.I. being overly aggressive when bump drafting the player
  • A.I. difficulty being too easy when qualifying
  • A.I. pitting problems causing them to collide in to each other
  • A.I. bunching on certain tracks
  • A.I. slamming their brakes on for no reason
  • Hitting the wall often turns the car ending up with the player facing the wrong way

Jason

I got a chance to try it out with my Microsoft wheel and came away impressed even though it didn't support rumble or force feedback. I had forgotten how much better NASCAR games play with a wheel and this game is no exception. I was able to hold my lines around turns and love the addition of a real, analog gas pedal. I'm looking forward to playing some more this weekend and hope all the issues mentioned above get fixed, because this game has a lot of potential.

Jason

This game may be loaded with bugs, but damn is it fun to play. If Eutechnyx fixes all the issues listed above, we'll have one hell of a good NASCAR racer.

Jason

You can keep track of the patch status here: Eutechnyx Forum

They have been updating the bullet list with what is done and what they are currently working on. More companies should doe this.

Jason

This was the one game I missed while on vacation. Eutechnyx is making a lot of progress on the patch and have even added some things to the list. This was just posted on their forum too:NOTE: We've now submitted Patch #2 for initial testing and we'll update the community with the results as and when we receive them.

K_Mosley

How's the career mode, Jason?  Is it just one year, like I've read in some user reviews?

Do you work your way up from the truck series, to Nationwide, to the Sprint Cup, or anything like that?

Thanks,

Kevin

Jason

Kevin, I've been holding off on starting a career until the patch is released, but I've also heard that it's one year only. I'll post more details when I finally start my career.

Jason

The way Eutechnyx has kept people informed of the patch status has been fantastic. It's a shame other companies don't handle it the same way.

Jason

UPDATE 04/21/11: Patch #2 is now 100% Complete and has now gone into Full Test with Activision. Once testing has been completed it will then be submitted to Microsoft and Sony for Approval, Approximately 1-2 weeks.

Jason

Via Twitter:

"Testing should be completed on Patch #2 for 360 this week. PS3 is subject to PSN. Microsoft can take 2 weeks to approve the patch"

Jason

Update on Patch #2 05/03/11    

Currently the Xbox 360 patch is still in testing with Activision and we hope to have it submitted to Microsoft by this Friday 6th May. The reason for this is to ensure that the patch is released bug free and doesn't cause any other issues. Although this is probably not what you wanted to hear, it would be pointless to rush Patch #2 through testing only for us to then have to work on another patch due to this one not fixing what it was meant to.

NOTE: Submission normally takes up to 2 weeks

The PS3 patch is stuck in limbo at the moment due to the fact that PSN has been down since the patch was completed. Due to a large proportion of the fixes directly relating to the online aspect of the game, it's simply been impossible to fully test the PS3 patch. So at this time we have no news regarding the PS3 patch, besides it's been delayed.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I think it's important that Patch #2 works and fixes issues without causing new problems. </blockquote>