News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Xbox Series X/S

Started by Jason, December 13, 2019 @ 09:56:26 PM

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on September 24, 2022 @ 11:20:50 AMWelp, I just ordered a Series S, should be here Tuesday.
Congrats! It's an awesome console.

Jason

The Xbox doesn't have an official charger, but I've been happy with the PowerA chargers I've purchased, which include two rechargeable batteries. I have the older version, but the new version looks good too: https://www.target.com/p/powera-dual-charging-station-for-xbox-series-x-s-wireless-controllers-black/-/A-82823036

Brad Company

I ordered the one with the AC adapter, I wasn't looking forward to feeding the controller AA batteries.

Brad Company

I'm building quite the cheapo Xbox/360 library and running them off a 2TB Seagate I had leftover from PS4. Some games like RDR1 are amazing with enhancements. The S is becoming my go-to retro box.

Jason

That's exactly how I use mine. I have an old 1TB drive that I use which is fine for Xbox 360 games since most of them are less than 5GB. I wish the first Forza Horizon was still sold digitally since I only have the disc version. I still buy Xbox 360 games when they go on sale digitally, even if I already have them on disc (RDR1 was one of them).

Jason

Quote from: Jason on August 24, 2022 @ 09:18:06 PMSpeaking of the Series S, does anyone have recommendations for selling consoles? My older son wants to sell his S now that he has an X and we're trying to figure out the best way to do it. I've never sold anything on eBay and would prefer to sell locally so the buyer can pay with cash and no shipping would be involved.
I've decided to buy my older son's Series S for my office since my younger son will be getting my Series S when he moves into his new room.

Brad Company

Does MS Flight Sim play worth a bleep on Series S? Is it possible to fly with a controller?

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on December 15, 2022 @ 03:10:05 PMDoes MS Flight Sim play worth a bleep on Series S? Is it possible to fly with a controller?
It's definitely worth playing on the Series S and controls fine with a controller.

Here's two comparison videos of the X vs S. It's amazing how well the game plays on the S:

Jason

Xbox Series X/S finally getting more expandable storage options: https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/2/23666795/western-digital-xbox-storage-expansion-card

I can still get a 2TB drive for my PS5 for the same price as the "lower priced" 1TB Western Digital Xbox drive ($179.99), but as least it's a start. I'd love to see them retail for at least $30 under MSRP.

Jason

Xbox Announces Permanent Price Cut for Series X/S Storage Expansion Cards: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/05/xbox-announces-permanent-price-cut-for-series-xs-storage-expansion-cards

They're big prices cuts, but still too expensive. I wonder if the Western Digital cards will launch with a lower MSRP too.

Brad Company

They rely on people's fear of opening their console.

Jason

For all the talk about how good the Dual Sense controller is, I'll take the Xbox Series X/S controller over it any day of the week. I ended up buying Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox because I couldn't see myself using the Dual Sense for another 50 hours.

What I should have done was use one of my Dual Shock 4 controllers, which I like better than the Dual Sense too, with my PS5 since RDR 2 is a last-gen game and is compatible with them.

Brad Company

For me, DualSense > Xbox controller. The DualSense Edge is the one I use all of the time now. The back buttons have made my DS4's obsolete.

Jason

The haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are nice additions, but the controller is just not as comfortable to me. The technology in the Dual Sense is far ahead of any of the other controllers, but it's just a personal preference for me.

Brad Company

I use a Hori Octa for fighting games, because the D pad ain't so great on either of them.