News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

I play as Sir Ohsis of Liver.

Ted

Seriously?  Hahaha that's great.

Jason

My son bought the remastered GTA V for his Series S and it really is a big improvement over the the last-gen version. I wasn't expecting much of a graphical upgrade and a locked 60fps on the Series S. I'd be tempted to buy it if SSD space was so tight. Making room for a 100GB+ game would be tough right now.

Brad Company

At this pace, a new-gen patch for RDR2 should be along in 2025.

Jason

I was able to re-download Flight Simulator on my Series X since it has more SSD storage than the S. The better draw distance and lack of terrain popup are nice improvements over the Series S, plus it's 4K. It's still only 30fps, but it's much more steady.

The best thing about owning a Series X and S is that now my younger son and I can play Gears 5 on separate consoles instead of split screen. We tried it out today and it worked great. Besides the obvious negative of sharing a screen, split-screen also ran the game at 30fps. Now we're both able to play it in full screen and 60fps.

Communication is much easier now that we're both on current-gen consoles too. We had chat issues when playing Gears 1, 2, 3 and Judgement when my son was on the Series S and I was on my Xbox 360. I had to use the Xbox App on my phone to be able to join a chat party with my son on the Series S. Now we can both go right through the consoles. The chat was clear and there's no 2-second delay.

Jason

Just finished Gears 5. Like Gears 4, it wasn't crazy about it at first, but it got much better towards the end. I'm guessing they're working on a sixth based on the cliffhanger ending.

Jason

I think I'm in my golden age of racing games. Between GRID Legends, Forza Horizon 5, Forza 7 and F1 21, I can't remember another time where I was playing so many good racing games, and that's not counting NASCAR Ignition, which will have a next-gen update released this month.

It's a shame no other sports have the same type of competition.

Brad Company

Assetto Comp got an update, as well. GT7 is out, yeah racing is in good shape.
Stick and ball sports are at a low ebb.

Jason

Yes, once I get a PS5 it will get even better.

GRID Legends released an update today that fixed a small graphical issue that bothered me. Building and tree textures would sometimes pop in late. They don't anymore.

Jason

Xbox's Spring Sale started this evening and Assetto Corsa Competizione is on sale for $15. Now I have to decide if I should just wait to get a PS5 since I already own it on Playstation or just spend $15 to play the next-gen version now on my Series X.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Jason

I ended up getting MXGP 2021 in the Spring Sale. I loved MXGP 2019 on the PS4 and I was looking forward to the 60fps gameplay on the next-gen consoles.

Jason

I ended up getting ACC too. For $15 I couldn't pass it up.

Brad Company

That's the price for me, as well.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on April 10, 2022 @ 01:21:15 PMThat's the price for me, as well.
Did you make any changes to the video and controller settings?

I've turned sharpness down to 0 (I hate artificial sharpness settings) and lowered everything as much as it allowed. I've also changed the color temperature to "Warmer" and Tone Mapping to "Default". The PS4 version did have any options for video settings.

Attached are my preliminary controller settings. I had settings I used on my PS4, but decided to start over with this version and put everything at 50% and go from there.

Jason

Ended up getting The Crew 2 on sale yesterday in anticipation of the next-gen update coming in July.