News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

MLB 2K11 News and Info

Started by BDSooner72, January 06, 2011 @ 01:06:38 PM

Jason

The AI baserunning has bothered me from the very beginning. I hope 2K can come through with a solid patch because this game is bordering on being great.

webdanzer

Have you guys upped the CPU baserunning aggressiveness slider?  No help?

Jason

I've upped it to 65 and it help the opposing team's CPU baserunners a little, but my CPU baserunners do not seem to be affected at all. I don't know why 2K touches things that were fine in the previous year's game.

webdanzer

Ah, I didn't know you weren't controlling your own runners.  Have you never used manual control?

I've noticed the CPU be a little station to station, but I have been playing Detroit, a team with really slow baserunners.  I'll probably bump that up for myself, see what happens.

I replayed the game I lost last night, and made it through without a glitch.  I did see another pitcher go down to injury, though, which makes 3 pitchers injured on my team in the 4 franchise games (counting the lost one) I have played.  That is somewhat concerning.

On the good news front, I won the replay 2-0 whereas I lost the original game 10-7.  Love to see that sort of results swing when I was using the same players, same difficulty, same sliders, etc.

Jason

I usually control the lead the runner with multiple men on base and the CPU baserunners would take their cues from me. For instance, if there was a man on first and I hit a ball into the gap, I'd send the runner from first home and the CPU would usually go to second base on its own, but this year the CPU runner will just stop at first. I also noticed that CPU runner do NOT run on fly balls with 2 outs.

Ted

Yeah there definitely needs to be a base running patch.  My own runners won't go automatically from first to second or second to third on a passed ball or wild pitch to the backstop.  I haven't tried adjusting base running aggression yet.  2k9 needed that slider to be maxed out to get the CPU to be appropriately aggressive and 2k10 didn't need any adjustment that I noticed.

webdanzer

I think the default injury setting is out of whack.

In the five games I've played now in Franchise (including the 1 game I lost due to the HR bug) I've lost 4 pitchers to injury.  3 starters and one reliever.  Two on 60 day DL, one on 15, and one missing 2 starts.

Rough.

Ted

Anything unusual happen in those injuries?  Like throwing too many pitches or taking a line drive off the body?  That is a lot and very rough. 

webdanzer

Make that another starting pitcher in the next game!  So now 5 pitchers (4 starters) in 6 games!  (Only Hughes emerged unscathed, Jason)

Ted, no.  Only this last one occured near what would nearing the tail end of a pitch count. (In the 5th)  For the others, it was in the first few innings of work, and no weird game event happened hit being hit by the pitch or anything.

I'm going to go a little more to see how bad it gets!

Ted

and a couple of those just seized up with a 60 day injury?  That is harsh.  It's like the guys joints exploded or something.

webdanzer

Up to 6 pitchers lost to injury in 8 games, (I lost Hughes on his second start  ::))  so I'm going to give this one a break for a while until I see the next patch, and focus on The Show for now.  If the next patch doesn't address it I'll probably try again with no injuries.

Some OS speculation was that maxing pitches could be the culprit, so I spent the next two games performing sub-optimal releases with the pitching interface.  Didn't seem to matter.

Jason

Derek, did you adjust the injury slider at all? People at OS are suggesting to set it around 25-35.

webdanzer

I saw some comments to that effect over there, but also saw some responses that still saw many injuries at lower levels.

Worth trying if nothing gets patched, though.

BDSooner72

Has anyone played a game at Tropicana Field?  What a freaking eyesore. It honestly looks like they accidentally included a Wii version of the stadium. I know it is not that pretty in real life but I do not recall it being this fugly in previous versions.

Ted

Maybe the pitcher injury bug is 2k's backdoor security to prevent anyone from winning the million bucks.  I had a perfect game going with Felix Hernandez through 7 1/3 innings.  He pitched a two seamer for a strike and immediately goes down with a finger injury for four weeks.  He must have thrown it so hard his finger fell off.