News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Attention Forum Spammers!!!

Started by Jason, March 23, 2011 @ 08:12:42 AM

Jason

All future registrations at XGN will need to be approved before becoming active due to an increase in forum spammers. I apologize to the legitimate members for the inconvenience.

Jason

I've created a new "Restricted" group for new members requesting an account. I'll see how this goes because I've just been rejecting all the requests so far.

Jason

I had to block all IP addresses from Russia and a set of addresses from the UK because I kept getting hundreds of spammers signing up for accounts everyday. It's really ridiculous the bullshit you have to deal with when running a forum.

I had actually disabled registration for a few weeks and turned it back on today to see would happen and apparently they were still waiting around. Hopefully the complete site ban will give them the hint.

Jason

Ted

is this just bot stuff for spamming advertising "make x dollars per hour using this one secret method" bullshit?

Jason

Quote from: Ted on December 13, 2013 @ 07:56:53 PM
is this just bot stuff for spamming advertising "make x dollars per hour using this one secret method" bullshit?

I'm not sure because I have to manually approve all registrations so none of them have gotten as far as getting their accounts activated. It's just so annoying seeing all the membership requests from foreign IPs with their BS email addresses.