News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NASCAR The Game 2011 Info

Started by Jason, December 21, 2010 @ 08:38:54 PM

Jason

Nascar The Game 2011 Trailer

Confimed NASCAR 2011 drivers:

1) Jamie McMurray
    42) Juan Pablo Montoya
    48) Jimmie Johnson
    5) Mark Martin
    18) Kyle Busch
    00) David Reutimann
    56) Martin Truex Jr.
    2) Kurt Busch
    34) Travis Kvapil
    38) David Gilliland
    13) Jennifer Jo Cobb
    11) Denny Hamlin
    20) Joey Logano
    47) Marcos Ambrose
    77) Sam Hornish Jr.
    83) Brian Vickers
    31) Jeff Burton
    43) A.J. Allmendinger
    19) Elliott Sadler
    99) Carl Edwards
    39) Ryan Newman
    51) Aric Almirola
    29) Kevin Harvick
    14) Tony Stewart
    16) Greg Biffle
    51) Michael Waltrip
    07) Kevin Conway
    71) Bobby Labonte
    9) Kasey Kahne
    7a) Robby Gordon
    21) Bill Elliot
    7) Danica Patrick
    82) Scott Speed
    24) Jeff Gordon
    88) Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    47) Marcos Ambrose
    33) Clint Bowyer
    98) Paul Menard
    17) Matt Kenseth
    6) David Ragan
    30) Todd Bodine
    00a) Ryan Truex
    16a) Trevor Bayne

With a fresh infusion of real world detail and blistering racing action, NASCAR The Game 2011 completely redefines what fans can expect from a NASCAR racing game.

NASCAR The Game 2011 has been built from the ground up to make a thoroughly new experience. The team started by speaking with the people who know NASCAR best - the fans - and took that insight to the teams, drivers and officials to completely embrace what makes NASCAR America's #1 motorsport.

Players can choose to play as themselves or as one of the sport's real-world drivers as they battle it out for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship. Each pro driver has the AI characteristics of his or her real world counterpart, setting the stage for intense rivalries played out on the track. Damage is meticulously detailed and multi-car wrecks are the most extreme ever experienced in an officially licensed racing game. From the 22 real world tracks to full pit stop strategy action, NASCAR The Game 2011 captures the real atmosphere, sense of speed and spectacle that embodies NASCAR. Players can even feel the thrill of a win with the interactive celebration mode.

The game also includes in-depth multiplayer modes which allow up to 16 players to battle it out for the win online. In both online and offline races, players earn NASCAR experience points which help unlock rewards such as decal packs or special car designs, as well as career sponsorships and special races throughout career mode. Everything you do on the track counts!

Jason

The release of NASCAR 2011: The Game has been pushed back to March 29th from its original date of February 15th. That means the game will not come out in advance of the Daytona 500 which takes place on February 20th.

The other head-scratcher is that Activision has chosen to release the game on a day where two other sports-themed titles hit the market. The 29th also includes the high-profile arrival of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters as well as the arcade fighter WWE All-Stars. If it had stayed in February it had a pretty open window with little competition to worry about until March. Instead it will not only be facing those but follows in the weeks after Fight Night Champion, MLB 11: The Show, MLB 2K11, and Top Spin 4. A very difficult month to break-in to say the least.

While NASCAR is attractive to a certain audience it may be that the dedicated fans will purchase the game no matter when it is released, and that casuals or those who have little interest in the sport are unlikely to buy it anyway. Still it perplexes me that with all the weeks that are pretty wide open one would be chosen that contains some competition. It could simply be that Activision felt it important to get the game out in their fiscal quarter and with March 29th being the last opportunity to do so they fit it in there. It may have been best for the viability of the franchise going forward if it had been moved into April however.

Source: PastaPadre

Brad Company

I smell something here...game probably in bad shape right now.
I would definitely hold off on pre-order,etc.

webdanzer

I really enjoyed our mini nascar league here.   Hopefully this title is decent enough that we could resurrect something like that.

Jason

That was a lot of fun while it lasted. I'd love to do something like that again.

Ted

I'd be interested in that again.  If this game is a bust is it possible to still run online with Nascar09?

K_Mosley

I still have 09...  Before I start doing anything like that again, I need to get a wheel.  I just don't have enough "thumb control" to drive for any length of time, and I think guys with wheels have an edge.  I'd like to try it and find out!  Too bad MS doesn't make a wheel anymore...

Kevin

Ted

off topic but on the daily show there was a spoof about nascar, but it said their real numbers are down.  Viewership is down 20%, attendance down 10% and sponsorship is down too.

Jason

I didn't realize Microsoft stopped making their racing wheel for the Xbox 360. Does anyone know why they stopped making them?

Kevin, you're correct in saying that people with racing wheels have an edge in NASCAR 09. My driving was much improved using the wheel and was especially helpful for keeping my car steady around turns, which gave me the ability to race side-by-side with other cars and not bump into them.

Brad Company

Quote from: K_Mosley on January 14, 2011 @ 10:25:10 PM
I still have 09...  Before I start doing anything like that again, I need to get a wheel.  I just don't have enough "thumb control" to drive for any length of time, and I think guys with wheels have an edge.  I'd like to try it and find out!  Too bad MS doesn't make a wheel anymore...

Kevin

Here you go;pretty reasonable price-http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000VBIGK4/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

GB_Simo

Quote from: Ted on January 14, 2011 @ 10:47:16 PM
off topic but on the daily show there was a spoof about nascar, but it said their real numbers are down.  Viewership is down 20%, attendance down 10% and sponsorship is down too.

Yup.  It's not a good time to go looking for motor sport sponsorship deals in any of the major North American series at the minute and you'll have already noticed a major increase in the number of cars whose colours change from race to race.  Even the Dupont sponsorship on the 24 car, as recognisable and iconic a partnership as you'll find in motor racing these days, is being scaled right down.

The game is being developed about 30 miles up the road from me by Newcastle-based developers Eutechnyx (though it's not getting a PAL release...it will be region-free, though, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it, boys).  I think I've mentioned somewhere, either here or DSP, that the handling model in their PS3 exclusives Supercar Challenge and Ferrari Challenge was very very good but that the AI was generally a) a bit too slow and b) a lot too dumb, which wouldn't be ideal when applied to a NASCAR game.  I could do without a repeat of NASCAR 09's massive speed advantage on the superspeedways and constant road course cautions.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

K_Mosley

Adam - welcome aboard to the new XGN!  Long time no see, so to speak...

30 miles away, eh?  Why aren't you working there?!  At the very least, you could write the PR copy, or being a consultant on the physics.  Get the CV together man!

Take Care,

Kevin

GB_Simo

Quote from: K_Mosley on January 18, 2011 @ 10:05:03 PM
Adam - welcome aboard to the new XGN!  Long time no see, so to speak...

30 miles away, eh?  Why aren't you working there?!  At the very least, you could write the PR copy, or being a consultant on the physics.  Get the CV together man!

Because petrol is $7.50 a US gallon at the minute and the morning commute would be a nightmare of unimaginable proportions.  A lad I went to school with actually does work there as a graphic designer, funnily enough.

I've seen some videos of a fella called Richard Towler running laps in the game.  Towler won last year's iRacing NSACAR World Series, for which he was awarded $10000 and got to act as grand marshal for the season finale at Homestead (he's English so he might have had some fairly hefty travel costs paid for him too.  The swine).  If he's having any input at all into the way the cars behave in game, then it's in very safe hands.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

Jason

Amazon just upped the pre-order credit to $25 for this too. My copy just shipped and I received confirmation of my $25 credit!!!