News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Ted

Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 for 30 in the steam sale.  I'm finding it underwhelming and kind of a slog.  In particular things are very spread out and the vehicle handling is abysmal so I don't want to drive anywhere.

Brad Company

Sounds like my impressions of GTA games.

Ted

I'm usually pretty meh about GTA titles, can enjoy them for awhile.  I've enjoyed this far less than any so far.  I'm not sure why I'm sticking with it.

Jason

Speaking of GTA, I just bought GTA IV digitally for my Series S.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Brad Company

I have a disc copy for PS3. There are still multi-player lobbies.

Jason

I bought it so I can play it at 60fps with upscaled resolution. I've spent more time playing 360 games on my Series S than current and next-gen games.

Brad Company

That's really what it's for.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on November 26, 2021 @ 11:12:46 PM
Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 for 30 in the steam sale.  I'm finding it underwhelming and kind of a slog.  In particular things are very spread out and the vehicle handling is abysmal so I don't want to drive anywhere.
There's two big updates coming out in early 22, so you may not want to give up on it yet. Maybe just put it on hold for a little while.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on November 28, 2021 @ 05:40:30 PM
Quote from: Ted on November 26, 2021 @ 11:12:46 PM
There's two big updates coming out in early 22, so you may not want to give up on it yet. Maybe just put it on hold for a little while.

When I posted that I had about 10 hours in the game and had just finished act 1 which felt like a super long prologue/tutorial.

The game has opened up more since then.  I have 38 hours in now (played all four days off of Thanksgiving break since we didn't go anywhere and no family came to us) and I'm well into my tempestuous relationship with Keanu Reeves.  In fact, he told me he has an "impressive cock", but I'm playing a trans-woman lesbian so I wasn't tempted to take the bait.

It's an odd game.  I'm not into gun collecting ala Borderlands and I hate bullet sponge combat ala The Division, but at least Cyber has a sort of level system that allows you to be whatever you want be and also allows you to wipe your levels and reconfigure if you get sick of who you are (for a price), which makes sense because I am only what/who I am at least partially because of my implants.  And I like being able to make guns on the fly just by crafting.  I hit a spot where I really need a weapon type I'm not carrying.  Fine, I just strip the looted guns down to their components and craft something that's serviceable on the spot.  It's not going to be anything good, but if I just need to get past this next couple of rooms I'll be ok.

It seems to reward creativity dealing with problems and it really wants you to hack every piece of tech you come across to gather components, but it will also just let you blast through some areas if you are sick of sneaking around.  You might waste all your ammo and grenades but it will let you firefight through anything (at least so far). 

I haven't played it the last two nights because I'm back to working on a couple of models, but I'll probably return to it.  I left it at a spot just after a major mission so it kind of feels like a moment where I would step away and rest anyway inside the story. 

If I had to sum it up...so far it's been a 7/10 and I expect it to finish as a 7/10.   :))

Jason

Quote from: Ted on November 30, 2021 @ 11:27:37 PM
In fact, he told me he has an "impressive cock", but I'm playing a trans-woman lesbian so I wasn't tempted to take the bait.

Just when you think you know someone...

I was really interested in this game when is was announced, lost interest when it became first-person only, but may still pick it up when it's cheap just because I'm interested in exploring the world they created. Hopefully the next-gen versions, coming out in February, will be a big improvement over the current game.

Brad Company

Ray-tracing of the cock confirmed.

Ted

lol....hey they gave me the opportunity so I took it.  What can I say.

The world is astonishingly empty feeling.  I mean there are people everywhere, but it feels like that scene in the matrix when Morpheus takes Neo into the construct to show him around.  It feels like it's not real.  It's busy and crowded and everything is just on a loop.

They certainly got the feeling of trash and clutter right in the heavy urban areas.  It's like every urban area I've ever spent time in.  Just shit everywhere.

And if you go in expecting a blade runner type of environment it's not that.  This is more like a vacuous version of a blade runner world.  There's no depth to it.  It's a shell.  It's not gritty.  It's just loud and dirty.

It's still a 7/10 though.

Jason

It's funny that you mention Blade Runner because that's exactly the type of environment I was hoping for and expecting. Disappointed to hear it doesn't live up to that.

Jason

I finally got around to trying out PGA Tour 2K21 after downloading it a few months ago when it was a PS+ game and can't believe how much of an improvement it is over 2K19. The driving/putting is much better and provides a lot more accessibility options for rookies like myself. Your swing power is no longer just a wild guess now that you have the ability to add power markers to the swing stick. They also added a 60fps option in a later update. I deleted my copy of 2K19 as I can't see myself ever going back to that version.

Jason

My son and I finished Gears of War: Judgement last night, but we still need to play the hour-long Aftermath campaign that's supposed to be linked to Gears 3. After that, we finally move to a more modern console with Gears 4 for the Xbox One.