News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Ted

Got Call of Duty WWII for sale on steam this week.  I've been in the mood for a story shooter.

Jason

I downloaded NHL 22 to check out. It looks great at times, but I did notice stuttering using the standard camera. I heard a lot of complaints about this when it was release and assumed it was fixed - apparently it wasn't. I ended up deleting the game mainly because it's just more of the same. It's a shame because the NHL series was always one of my favorite games going back to the original on the Genesis. I guess I'm just bored of it after 30+ years.

I'm going to give Madden 22 another shot. The last time I played it was on my Series S during the 10-hour trial when it first came out. I'll see how it is fully patched on my Series X.

Brad Company

Those games are all just shells for MUT, FUT, and My Player now.

Jason

The new Resident Evil 2 & 3 4K/60fps updates are out. Downloading them now on my Series X.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Jason

Quote from: Jason on June 14, 2022 @ 06:23:38 PMThe new Resident Evil 2 & 3 4K/60fps updates are out. Downloading them now on my Series X.

Even better, these games are now shown with the X/S symbol, meaning they'll only run on next-gen consoles, but will still run off my external drive. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the same way. More games should work like this too.

Jason

The NASCAR: Ignition next-gen update is finally coming out this Thursday (6/23). I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements they've made.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on April 20, 2022 @ 09:20:47 AMEnded up getting The Crew 2 on sale yesterday in anticipation of the next-gen update coming in July.
https://twitter.com/TheCrewGame/status/1539639965541433348

Jason

NASCAR: Ignition is still fucking 30fps. I can't believe they don't even offer a lower resolution at 60fps.

Brad Company

Color me shocked. Still a full priced budget title.

Jason

I ended up buying Mafia remastered for the Xbox. It's usually $20 on sale, but it dropped to $14 during the big summer sale. I loved the game on PS4 and wanted to play with slightly increased resolution and a solid 30fps. I'd love to see a 60fps patch released one day.

Brad Company

At least the NASCAR game will get another major patch in September, 11 months after release, to fix some issues. You can't make this shit up.

Jason

It doesn't sound like 60fps will be added, but they are supposedly re-doing the UI. I hope I'll finally be able to turn off the spotter text without having to disable the entire HUD.

Jason

I replayed The Last of Us so my younger son could see the story. My previous save file was from 2015 and I had forgotten most of the story and also wanted a refresher before finally starting Part 2. It was much harder than I remembered. The game is very stingy with weapons and supplies (even of the easier difficulty levels) to make it feel much more realistic.

Ted

I liked that game and story as well.  Haven't played 2, but would like to.

Been alternating between Mount & Blade Bannerlord and Cities Skylines for the last 2 months.  Gamepass on PC has Ghost Recon Wildlands now so I'm gonna try that out.