News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Jason

It's funny that you mention Destiny. My son suggested I try Destiny 2 now that I'm enjoying first-person shooters, but I think Bungie eliminated all the campaigns once it went free-to-play. I still have the original Destiny on disc (it's the only disc game I never switched to digital with), but after your comment I have no interest in trying it again.

Brad Company

Don't let me scare you, D2 is F2P, you'll get some good fun, it's in the highest level stuff that the jumping puzzles get crazy. Skip D1. There is plenty of campaigns and PvE content for solo dolo players in D2.

I'll help you in any way possible if you try to get into it.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on February 11, 2023 @ 08:06:45 PMI'll help you in any way possible if you try to get into it.
Thanks, I may take you up on that once I finish the Halo series.

Jason

After taking a little break from Halo due to my son being sick and then going on a Ratchet & Clank bender, we kept having the game freeze on us tonight. A quick Google search shows it's a common issue. It's kind of annoying that an actual game-breaking bug is still in such an old game. If there's no work-around, we'll have to move onto Halo 3.

Ted

Found my old copy of NCAA 14.  Dusted off the PS3 and have been working a dynasty for Washington Huskies.  Just figuring out all the nuances of scouting and recruiting is a game unto itself.

Jason

IMO, still the best football game and it's not the nostalgia because I still play it.

Jason

Playing through Resident Evil 2 and 3 again with my younger son (he's mostly playing and I'm just watching and helping). We just finished Leon's story in part 2 and started Claire's. Hoping there's a sale and a few updates for RE 4 by time we're done with 2 and 3.

Jason

Finished up Leon's and Claire's stories in RE 2 and starting RE 3 tonight.

Jason

Finished RE 3 and Halo 3. Started Halo: ODST last night.

I was so happy to find the original Space Invaders and Space Invaders II on Xbox: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/space-invaders-deluxe-arcade-collection/9pnk1k28zjk4

I've been looking for years, but all of the previous versions released (Forever, Infinity Gene and Extreme) were not arcade accurate. The Switch got a version (Invincible Collection), but it never came out on the PlayStation or Xbox.

My high score on the original is 6000 so far.

Jason

Finished up Halo: ODST tonight and started Halo: Reach. ODST was by far the best one so far. I ended up buying Halo 5 for $5 during Microsoft's Spring Sale, so we have 4 and 5 to play once we're done with Reach.

Brad Company

Jason

Finished up Halo Reach last night. It's got the best gameplay and level design so far, but the stories in all the games suck. I guess it's the online play that makes these games so popular because the campaigns don't come close to anything in the Gears of War franchise. I also find the cover-based gameplay in Gears more enjoyable and strategic.

Having said all that, we're starting Halo 4 this weekend.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on April 28, 2023 @ 09:18:50 AMI guess it's the online play that makes these games so popular

I'm sorry you slogged through all of that to reach your conclusion.
Call of Duty actually is better for single player story.

Jason

We're forcing ourselves to finish Halo 5 too.

I have Killzone: Shadowfall on PS5 on deck. Unfortunately there's no co-op LAN play for that one.

Brad Company

Have you played the other Killzones? Shadowfall looked good at the time, but the game itself was kinda meh at best. The MP was decent, but is now dead.