News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Gaming Thread

Started by Jason, January 31, 2014 @ 05:25:53 PM

Brad Company

Man, it's a good time to get one, they'll never be cheaper.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 22, 2023 @ 02:56:17 PMMan, it's a good time to get one, they'll never be cheaper.
Not sure how I missed this.

I've considered buying one, but I'd want the first slim model, which is not backwards compatible with PS1 games. I also have no idea where to buy one. I've never really used Ebay and have major concerns with buying used items, especially game consoles. I've seen plenty of videos showing people getting ripped off buying used consoles from places like DKOldies.com

As far as gaming goes, I'm about 65% through the original Red Dead Redemption. I've been meaning to replay it for years. It still amazes me that it came out two console generations ago.

Brad Company

Every PS3 plays PS1 games. All models from early phat to super slim. I would hit a Half Price Books or a Game Xchange, they are dirt common there. I have a 160GB slim and a 500GB super slim, there are plus and minuses to each.

Jason

You're right. I was thinking PS2 games, which I'd want too.

The easiest and cheapest option would be for my son to get over his retro-gaming phase.

Brad Company

Back-compat models are crazy expensive and unreliable. You could look at emulation, a firestick can play ps1.

Jason

He's going to have to stick with playing my PS2 slim on his older Samsung TV with component inputs. He hasn't used the PS2 in a few weeks, so maybe his retro phase is wearing off.

I finished RDR 1 tonight and think it's an even better game after playing RDR2. You really appreciate the story so much more when you know the history of all the main characters.

Brad Company

RDR1 is so good...and looks great on Xbox these days.

Jason

I started Max Payne 3 today. I had played about halfway through back on my Xbox 360 years ago and don't know why I never finished it. It's only 10 hours long, so I'm probably going to play GTA 4 afterwards.

Jason

I beat Max Payne 3 last night. I'd give it a 6.5/10. The shooting mechanics are a lot of fun, but it's really the only thing you do in the entire game, just in different locations. I'm glad I finally played it though.

Jason

I started play Assetto Corsa Competizione again now that the new physics update (1.9.x) was released on console. For some reason I had the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for free on PS5 (just Googled it to find out it was offered to all pre-orders of the PS4 version), so I ended up by the British GT Pack and 2020 GT Challenge Pack while they on on sale earlier this week.

Today I finally took my Logitech wheel out, which has been in storage since we started construction on our house back in August. I've heard about ACC having a bunch of issues with different types of wheels, but I thought the force feedback and control during the short time I played today. I should be able to get much more racing in tomorrow.

I also bought the Mass Effect Legendary Trilogy, Dead Space and Star Wars Jedi Survivor during the Xbox Summer Sale. My younger son has already beaten Jedi Survivor and Dead Space.

Jason

Finished RE 7 tonight. I would have liked it much more if it wasn't first person, but I'd still give it a 7 out of 10.

I also went ahead and purchased a 2TB drive for my PS5. It's not coming until late August, but I couldn't pass up the $120 price: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7CKZGN6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brad Company

Here is a code for the new beta software for PS5;

PX5P-7PLB-4PLE

Jason

Thank you!!!

I was going to see if there was somewhere to sign up for this yesterday and never got around to it. I used to get invites to the PS4 system betas all the time, so I hope I'll start getting PS5 invites now that I redeemed my first code.

If you haven't already, try turning on System UI Haptic Feedback: To turn on this feature, go to [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Controllers], and then turn on [Haptic Feedback During Console Navigation].

Brad Company

It looks like the Atmos option encodes any audio into an Atmos container. I haven't noticed any latency yet.

Jason

Unfortunately I don't have a sound system with Atmos support...yet.